Thread: Changing muffler to add some sound.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Changing muffler to add some sound.

I am looking to get some more sound from my exhaust and I had a question about what to do. I have an Apexi universal muffler and I was wondering if I had to remove the actual muffler under the middle of the car or if just changing the resonator on the back of the car will be enough? I am not looking for it to be loud, I would just like it to be louder than the factory setup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The oem muffler is in the center of the car, which means if you are just changing the muffler and keeping stock pipe, you will need a round cannister style muffler with 1.5" inlet and 1.5" outlet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    The oem muffler is in the center of the car, which means if you are just changing the muffler and keeping stock pipe, you will need a round cannister style muffler with 1.5" inlet and 1.5" outlet.
    If I am just looking to get a nicer sound, could I just change the resonator out in the back and leave the muffler or would that be pointless?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I cut off the resonator which is the tiny looking muffler near the rear. It gives the car a bit of grumble but not really loud.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is kind of what I figured. I think I will do that this weekend and install the new one. The main thing for me is the look and a bit more grumble.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well if you replace the res with a muffler its just going to make it more quiet. You would need to replace the res with straight pipe

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I think the Citröen C1 has a nice sound, when accelerating in the lower gears.. ( I now you don't have this car in the US, and the guy is loosing the clutch a bit fast.. I really like the sound when he starts up, it's almost like a small rally car .. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CvtG6RkhE

I like that the mirage has almost no exhaust sound, but if i would change it, that should be the way for me