Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's see these keys!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    All that matters to me is that my girl likes it.
    Attachment 5990

When I bought it in 2013 it was $23,000 because of a 3,000 rebate and dealer discounts. The sticker was $28,000 for the mid grade SXT. Power sliding doors, hatch, seats and pedals. I looked at the Honda Odyssey and it was 29000 for a base model, the Toyota Sienna base model had an extremely cheap interior with nothing soft touch to be found and was also $29000. The stow n go seats were a must for me. I have a small business and I am not going to remove seats and find a place to store them anytime I need to move something. I have over 40000 miles on it and it has been perfect. Has never been to the dealer for anything other than routine maintenance. I never keep a car long enough to care about long-term reliability. I will probably trade this van in for a Pacifica in 2 years. I may consider the Kia Sedona as well, since they have the seats that slide forward against the front seats to open up space in the back.
    People can hate all they want on those Dodge Vans but I gotta tell ya they are nice to drive and extremely versatile. I don't own one now but I have in the past and it would take whatever I dished out on it. Load it up, towing, you name it, no problems whatsoever. I used to live in a very remote part of Oregon where UPS had one that they used. They would average about 300 miles a day and it had over 400,000 miles without a hiccup. I used to run a airport so I would chat with the driver's when they were waiting for the plane. Other than normal maintenance items, tires, struts, brakes, plugs, oil changes, transmission filter and fluid every 100k and timing belt replacement at the scheduled mileage no mechanical problems. They had hit a deer with it a few years back so the hood was all jacked up and the grill was missing. They are a lot tougher than people think.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    People can hate all they want on those Dodge Vans but I gotta tell ya they are nice to drive and extremely versatile. I don't own one now but I have in the past and it would take whatever I dished out on it. Load it up, towing, you name it, no problems whatsoever. I used to live in a very remote part of Oregon where UPS had one that they used. They would average about 300 miles a day and it had over 400,000 miles without a hiccup. I used to run a airport so I would chat with the driver's when they were waiting for the plane. Other than normal maintenance items, tires, struts, brakes, plugs, oil changes, transmission filter and fluid every 100k and timing belt replacement at the scheduled mileage no mechanical problems. They had hit a deer with it a few years back so the hood was all jacked up and the grill was missing. They are a lot tougher than people think.
    I hear the same issues with Honda Odyssey minivans and bad transmissions. For the amount of Grand Caravans, Town and Country and Volkswagen Routans on the road, the issues do not seem that bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's mine! Name:  20160424_031720.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  97.8 KB