Thread: Hub size for hubcentric rings...56.1mm?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

Hub size for hubcentric rings...56.1mm?

I have 2 sets of machined aluminum hubcentric rings with an inside diameter of 56.1mm. These rings fit onto the rear brake drum hubs perfectly with no movement. Great...that's what I expect.

But when I put these same 56.1mm rings on the front rotor hubs, they are not fitting as well as they do on the drums. There's a little bit (1/2mm or more?) of movement I'm getting on both front hubs. A quick check with a caliper confirms that the rear drum hubs and the front rotor hubs are not exactly the same diameter?!? The rotor hubs are slightly smaller.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this when messing with aftermarket wheels and hubcentric rings.

Edit - Double-checked it tonight with a digital caliper:

Drum hubs: 55.9mm
    Rotor hubs: 55.7mm

Not a huge deal, but you can see why 56.1 rings on the front hubs have a slight amount of movement.

UPDATE: Please see the thread below for a follow-up on hubcentric ring sizes...

SEE THREAD HERE

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 05-05-2016 at 01:14 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    This is interesting... thanks for heads up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)