Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My dealership nightmare

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm still fighting these people. I was promised a call Monday afternoon. It never happened. No contact with them since. They still have my money, nor have they given me any results of the alignment. I'll have to file a claim in small claims court to get my money I am due back. Unfortunate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I worked in a dealership for 30+ years and if it was me I would be going to Mitsu on this. There is no way they would allow these kind of things to happen and I'm sure there are some customer satisfaction surveys that are going to cause big problems. Time to move your efforts up the food chain a bit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flatbroke For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (05-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    RapidRick - it really sounds like your stealership doesn't know what they're doing. I agree - take this one to the top.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Been trying to be patient, but I finally responded to the survey from Mitsubishi with a pretty awful review. That was the first step.

Tomorrow I'm going to file a claim in small claims for $700. 450 dollars for refund due from the prepaid service program that I sure don't want, $200 for extra labor I paid for that was never utilized, and 50 for the alignment job that I'll have to pay for from another shop.

What a nightmare this is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After a little bit of research I see they are part of the Martin Management Group, a group of approx a dozen or so dealerships. A good direction to go may be to call them and express your displeasure in how you have been treated. The big bosses can apply pressure very quickly in these situations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Filed suit today in District Court. I'm thoroughly sick of this whole situation. Still no contact from the dealer in any way trying to make it right.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidRick View Post
    Filed suit today in District Court. I'm thoroughly sick of this whole situation. Still no contact from the dealer in any way trying to make it right.
    Man, this really sucks. Do keep us posted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Finally, I have some resolution to my issues....

I filed suit last week in district court and heard nothing for over a week. Last contact I had was with Mitsubishi HQ, and I was promised a follow up call from the dealer, again, nothing. I called Mitsubishi again on Wednesday and they were genuinely surprised that the dealer had not contacted me yet. After some digging it is finally revealed that the dealership manager was told to call me and make things right, and petulantly refused to do so. Mitsubishi informed that I had appointment scheduled with the general manager of the whole complex of dealerships, only I didn't know this since the manager of Mitsubishi dealership was playing games and not communicating with me.

I met with the manager of the operation yesterday, and things couldn't have gone better. He refunded my extended service contract money, the extra labor I paid for installation of transmission cooler. He also refunded my court costs and a few bucks to get my car alignment checked elsewhere. Finally, as one more display of reconciliation he offered to buy a set of Mitsubishi seat covers and throw those in as well. I think he recognized that I was being jerked around and genuinely tried to make things right... Good customer service here.

It's nice to have resolution to this issue, finally.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RapidRick For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-13-2016),flatbroke (05-13-2016),inuvik (05-13-2016),Littlestan (05-13-2016),wellswebdesign (05-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Thanks for posting that update. It sounds like they eventually took care of you, but that in no way excuses the terrible behavior of that dealership manager. My dealer acted like they wanted no part of being on Mitsubishi's bad side, and they made sure I could rate them 5 stars before I walked out with my new car. More dealers need to do that.

Don't let one clown ruin your experience. Enjoy your car and those new seat covers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

RapidRick (05-14-2016)