Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine still running high when clutch disengaged

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Modern automobile engines with manual transmissions are designed to hold the throttle open slightly and allow the engine speed to gradually decrease when shifting in an effort to keep vacuum from getting too high in the intake manifold which would happen with a fully closed throttle. High intake manifold vacuum tends to pull engine oil past the intake valve guides which then gets burnt in the combustion chamber causing increased engine exhaust emissions. This is part of the emission controls.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    Modern automobile engines with manual transmissions are designed to hold the throttle open slightly and allow the engine speed to gradually decrease when shifting in an effort to keep vacuum from getting too high in the intake manifold which would happen with a fully closed throttle. High intake manifold vacuum tends to pull engine oil past the intake valve guides which then gets burnt in the combustion chamber causing increased engine exhaust emissions. This is part of the emission controls.
    wow makes sense now, so it is normal? my issue?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    but it is not practical, what should I do, nothing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    but it is not practical, what should I do, nothing?
    It sounds normal to me, but you might have your dealer take a quick look at it and see what he thinks?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (04-28-2016)