Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Mirage CVT acting up....... (hard shift)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Not likely. That is most likely the recall for overly rich air/fuel mixtures during cold temps.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

CESARG (04-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CESARG View Post
    I just created my profile in the Mitsubishi website and the system provided me with everything: service history, maintenance schedule, how-to videos and owner/maintenance's manual. Under the service history it shows REFLASH ECU. Could that be the logic reprogramming?
    The owner's manual describes how to check the fluid level so just to make sure (fluid levels are a critical factor for CVT's) I would check it. I checked mine and it was fine but it sure wouldn't hurt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

CESARG (04-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Not likely. That is most likely the recall for overly rich air/fuel mixtures during cold temps.
    I'm not sure if the mirage has one controller for both trans and engine, I assume it does. When you do a flash\reflash you don't get the option to just do part of it. You get the entire new software package for that VIN that is available at that time for that particular controller.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
    I'm not sure if the mirage has one controller for both trans and engine, I assume it does. When you do a flash\reflash you don't get the option to just do part of it. You get the entire new software package for that VIN that is available at that time for that particular controller.
    That is true. I also had the reflash under warranty and it specifically says it's to correct the cold start issue.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)