Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do here! (UR sway bar broke)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    We are all getting the shaft here from Mitsubishi, bad rear ends, horrible brake wear, odd clutch issues, ac compressors that are questionable. Then there is the after market, the places we want to get parts from don't offer them, and the ones that do charge too much for shoddy craftsmanship.

I have learned that thread jacking happens no matter where you are, just seems like a regular occurrence here LOL.

Like I said I don't hate anyone, I am just frustrated about my sway bar. Should not have failed the way it did.

Time for sleep before I have a stroke!
    I get what you are saying, but that torsion beam re-enforcing UR Bar was the only thing holding your vehicle tight. You had to expect some wear. That rust I would have caught sooner. Some sanding and rust proof paint would have done wonders. Even acrylic or rubber sealer would have helped. I'm not even happy with even the rear, and both front bars on my car. I still want the lower rear 4 point chassis bar too. Then, I think none of them will break... The complete kit is 7 Bars...

Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    Whatever came factory on the front! (minus my ebay death springs LOL)

Also I don't want anyone to think I am singling them out, or that I have hate in my heart for any of you.

I guess you could say I am one of those guys that came from a NEON forum and the neon gang tend to over do everything.

I am sorry if I upset anyone with my rant, I just see the posts here going off topic and then the next step is a dead thread.

So many threads that sit dormant, great info for a few days and then nothing. but I digress, i am just as guilty of killing a thread as the next guy. I will try to contact Evan again tomorrow and see what happens. If that doesn't pan out then I will have to contact UR directly.

Sorry again for being a whinny ***** LOL AND Metro, your one in a million! I love Canadians!
    I would email them and include the original email to Evan, asap. Include the receipt and install date too...

Last edited by HitShane; 05-26-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Just my opinion: but I don't think the rust was the cause of the failure. That's just surface rust.

I'd still like to know what Evan has said about this, or has he just not replied at all? (As has been said in another post, he was slow to reply to some of our e-mails when the group buys were going on.)

If this were my problem, if plan A (replacement) doesn't resolve it, plan B would be getting it welded.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Just my opinion: but I don't think the rust was the cause of the failure. That's just surface rust.

I'd still like to know what Evan has said about this, or has he just not replied at all? (As has been said in another post, he was slow to reply to some of our e-mails when the group buys were going on.)

If this were my problem, if plan A (replacement) doesn't resolve it, plan B would be getting it welded.
    Agree it is likely due to design and/or bad weld. If it ever happens to mine I am going to weld an additional metal at bar/plate joint.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    well if it helps any, i was literally about too buy a swaybar until i seen your post. i thought the price was steep initially, now that i know the customer service sucks, I'll look into my own alternative. who the ef welds spring steel, anyways!? go join a welding forum and ask if that's a good idea. i can make the braces they're trying too sell, and have my uncle powdercoat them any color under the sun, for way cheaper, too.

i can't say I'm exactly happy with the box of gravel with a stick attached they call a transmission, either. in pretty sure my 1-2 synchro or blocker ring is bad but dealership refused too do anything about it, saying it's just way i drive. lol right. i baby my car, despite what people may think. yes i autocrossed it... but that's after the fact. it's not bad enough to really call it bad, but its clearly not "right"

what I'm getting at, is, warrantees are a joke no matter brand car you buy.
    all forums suck, too. so might all well get used too the internet.

as far as your clutch whine, if you grab the clutch throw out bearing arm, (the bar sticking out from the trans with cable on it) you should be able too wiggle it slightly back and forth in the direction of the cable. if you can't, you need too loosen the cable up some, because its riding your bearing. (the one under Battery)

your rear end issue is straight up bs i would be at the dealer weekly until they get sick of you enough too replace the torsion beam or fix it somehow

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    well if it helps any, i was literally about too buy a swaybar until i seen your post. i thought the price was steep initially, now that i know the customer service sucks, I'll look into my own alternative. who the ef welds spring steel, anyways!? go join a welding forum and ask if that's a good idea. i can make the braces they're trying too sell, and have my uncle powdercoat them any color under the sun, for way cheaper, too.

i can't say I'm exactly happy with the box of gravel with a stick attached they call a transmission, either. in pretty sure my 1-2 synchro or blocker ring is bad but dealership refused too do anything about it, saying it's just way i drive. lol right. i baby my car, despite what people may think. yes i autocrossed it... but that's after the fact. it's not bad enough to really call it bad, but its clearly not "right"

as far as your clutch whine, if you grab the clutch throw out bearing arm, (the bar sticking out from the trans with cable on it) you should be able too wiggle it slightly back and forth in the direction of the cable. if you can't, you need too loosen the cable up some, because its riding your bearing. (the one under Battery)

your rear end issue is straight up bs i would be at the dealer weekly until they get sick of you enough too replace the torsion beam or fix it somehow

If you can make the bars and powder coat them, then please make a product. You obviously have a group of people willing to buy them. It would be nice to have something made in the US...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We

How many miles on your Mirage? Clutch needs adjustment?

Our tranny is pretty smooth at 19K

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    If you can make the bars and powder coat them, then please make a product. You obviously have a group of people willing to buy them. It would be nice to have something made in the US...
    I could not produce a sway bar, I was referring to the suspension braces UR wants hundreds of dollars for. I could replicate them significantly cheaper.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I could not produce a sway bar, I was referring to the suspension braces UR wants hundreds of dollars for. I could replicate them significantly cheaper.
    You obviously knew what I meant. I'll be waiting for your thread showing off your skills at making suspension and chassis braces.

P.S. Most of their braces are around $120. Only the rear torsion re-enforcement is $200.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Alright everyone, bad air out, good air in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-26-2016),HitShane (05-26-2016),MightyMirageMpg (05-26-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I genuinely thought you meant a sway bar. The braces are a joke, if you look where they brace, it's clear they do nothing but add weight. The only braces worth adding would be true subframe connectors, but they may be there hiding. I've never had my carpet or under tray off. In my opinion the unibody on this car is quite stout, and does not seem to flex much, definitely not enough too warrant braces when there's not even quality suspension bushings available lol. You will definitely see my fabrication skill in the future. For now I'll leave my bluff called. If you would like too see pictures of my other project cars, which I did brace e suspension and add a rollbar ide happily oblidge

Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 05-26-2016 at 11:30 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-27-2016)