Thread: TPMS Sensors: Correct part number? Interchange?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts

TPMS Sensors: Correct part number? Interchange?

Hey guys,

So I have been looking for a set of snow wheels for my Mirage and found some steelies on Craigslist tonight. The price was right, but it looks like these steelies have had the OEM TPMS sensors swapped onto the aftermarket alloy wheels that the owner purchased.

So I have four good wheels, but no TPMS sensors. In looking to find replacements, I have come across three different part numbers: 4250C276, 4250D585, and 4250B975.

I have found a few used sensors on Ebay that are PN 4250C276, and were supposedly taken directly out of '14-'15 Mirages. But this PN isn't supposed to be used on Mirages, in fact, it has been superseded by PN 4250B975 according to Mitsubishi. And neither of these PNs is listed as correct for the Mirage!

This sensor is supposed to have been pulled directly from a '14 Mirage, and according to the seller is not a sample photo:

On the left-hand side, you can see the part number...4250C276.

The (current) correct number, according to Mitsu, is 4250D585....but these are not the ones actually coming out of wrecked Mirages.

What will work on these cars? The 4250C276 is pretty common, and cheap. Used in lots of Chrysler and Mitsubishi products. Like $80 for a set of four new ones. The 4250D585 is only available from a Mitsu parts counter, and is spendy at around $100 each. A couple Ebay sellers mention that part number 4250C276 has simply been superseded by part number 4250D585, but they are the same actual part. I can't find a pic of the 4250D585, but the 4250C276 looks like it would fit perfectly with the valve stems that are still in the wheels so this would really explain a lot. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone dismounted their wheels and taken a pic of the TPMS sensor? Does anyone have a loose TPMS sensor removed from their Mirage that they could check the PN on? Anyone with parts counter knowledge or TPMS knowledge that could weigh in?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is the correct TPMS sensor. They also use these on the 2014 Dodge Dart, but when I went to the Dodge dealer to get the valve stems, they handed me the wrong type. Literally everywhere shows the wrong valve stem. The correct valve stem with that sensor type is Dill VS-50.

These are oddball sensors, and have likely been changed to more common ones in newer models.

Word of warning, though, getting sensors from another car WILL require a dealer reprogramming. I still have the sensors from my wrecked silver one, and they don't register on the blue one.
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 05-07-2016 at 12:49 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (05-07-2016),Daox (05-09-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    That is the correct TPMS sensor. They also use these on the 2014 Dodge Dart, but when I went to the Dodge dealer to get the valve stems, they handed me the wrong type. Literally everywhere shows the wrong valve stem. The correct valve stem with that sensor type is Dill VS-50.

These are oddball sensors, and have likely been changed to more common ones in newer models.

Word of warning, though, getting sensors from another car WILL require a dealer reprogramming. I still have the sensors from my wrecked silver one, and they don't register on the blue one.
    Great stuff! Just what I was looking for. I will go ahead and order a new set of 4250C276s.

Do you know how many individual sensor IDs the car's TPMS system can store? Is it just four? Or eight? Or more? Some European Mirages have the ability to store two sets of sensor ID codes...one for summer tires, one for winter. So eight total. And once they are programmed, the user simply can toggle between the two sets of IDs by utilizing the MID.

Can our cars be programmed to do this? Or will the system store eight IDs and recognize all of them? I was planning to buy the TPMS reset tool for my car if it can only store four codes. But if the dealer can program it to store eight, having it done by them would be cheaper.

Thoughts?