Thread: Mirage Club

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage Club

When I had a custom Scion I was a part of my local Scikotics chapter. I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about starting up a Mirage car club wherever theyre located? I didnt know if enough people around me were customizing theirs though. I know there is a group called Mirage Society that I follow on instagram but its not in the states. Any thoughts?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it would be cool to have meetups and stuff, but I don't think there's enough of us yet, at least not where I am. Maybe if we were more concentrated, or once these cars become old and cool it'll be a thing, I hope. Last weekend I traveled from Milwaukee, WI area to Pensacola, FL for a Geo Metro meet and have no regrets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Unfortunately there's not a lot of enthusiasm in this country for cheap, subcompact cars. I don't think passion for the brand or model is a motivator for the vast majority of Mirage owners.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    Last weekend I traveled from Milwaukee, WI area to Pensacola, FL for a Geo Metro meet and have no regrets.
    Wow that's a lot of driving. What was your fuel economy and total mileage (odometer) on your Metro?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen a purple one running around in my area, but it looks to be owned by a young married couple with kids, and not exactly the auto enthusiast type. There was a white one as well with Texas plates that headed to the local graduate university campus, but only saw that car once.

I've also seen one of those Scions you mentioned around here, pretty wild looking green xB.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The Mirage is still relatively new, and doesn't sell in droves, and again not necessarily to the auto enthusiast crowd. We do have several makers and forum members developing parts for the car though, so that will help bolster the enthusiast following. The more we all do and share here, the more the crowd and following will grow and thrive.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    maybe its just need some meet up to fuel up the peoples knowledge about this car. Showing in numbers can make an impression to others

it doesnt need to be like a super car, whats important is the camaraderie and sharing of ideas and having fun!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Truezydale View Post
    I know there is a group called Mirage Society that I follow on instagram but its not in the states.
    Whahey! I follow them too! They've got some pretty nice looking 'rages but sometimes a little too ricey for my taste. I mean we are all part of the Mirage Forum club! haha but I gotcha. I'd actually love to see any DSM or Mitsubishi clubs around here. The scene where I live is either big lifted trucks, american muscle, or molested hondas.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wow that's a lot of driving. What was your fuel economy and total mileage (odometer) on your Metro?
    Unfortunately I didn't take my car all the way down there, because it was too much driving for me! I drove to Chicago and carpooled with another member from there. But I keep track of all my fuel usage on fuelly, and I list the odometer numbers in the notes now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spork For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    But I keep track of all my fuel usage on fuelly, and I list the odometer numbers in the notes now.
    Ha! Your Mirage is already doing better than your Metro.

I'm glad I got my Speck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)