Thread: Check Engine Light OBDII code P1590.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Check Engine Light OBDII code P1590.

My check engine just came on. Ultragauge gave P1590 as the error code.

My car has around 9000 miles on it and appears to be running normally. It is a CVT ES 2015 Mirage.

Googling says it is an issue with ABS but my ABS appears to be behaving normally. For now I have cleared the code (since the car sounds and is driving as normal) but I won't have a chance to take it to the dealer until sometime late next week.

Will driving the car during this time damage it? This my only vehicle and I don't have a day off until then.

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    I had this a couple of times during my roadtrip across the US. It was a bit scary, since it also the anti slip control was turned off in the same take. I just restarted the Mirage until the checkengine went away.

If you figure this one out, let us know, I still don't know the cause

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Inudalek View Post
    My check engine just came on. Ultragauge gave P1590 as the error code.

My car has around 9000 miles on it and appears to be running normally. It is a CVT ES 2015 Mirage.

Googling says it is an issue with ABS but my ABS appears to be behaving normally. For now I have cleared the code (since the car sounds and is driving as normal) but I won't have a chance to take it to the dealer until sometime late next week.

Will driving the car during this time damage it? This my only vehicle and I don't have a day off until then.

I know this thread is old but did you happen to have anything plugged into your obd II port when your engine light came on? I've had a ton of intermittent issues in the past setting the same code as well as a couple other abs codes. Turned out it was caused by the plug in gps units. There was nothing wrong with the unit itself but for some reason some but not all of the mirages developed drivability issues when they were plugged into the obd II port. They would throw a p1590 code, a communication error code and sometime another abs code. Sometimes the car would loose power when pulling into traffic like the traction control was kicking in. I swapped all the cars to hardwired units and haven't had any issues since.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just go this code this morning. I received a bluetooth OBDII device that I was going to use with Torque on my head unit. Installed it last night, started this morning and had this error.

I'm going to clear the error and remove the OBDII device and see if it comes back.
    1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm13 View Post
    I just go this code this morning. I received a bluetooth OBDII device that I was going to use with Torque on my head unit. Installed it last night, started this morning and had this error.

I'm going to clear the error and remove the OBDII device and see if it comes back.
    Which device, exactly? On my last car I had a cheap device like that whihc I purcahsed on Amazon for $6 and on my old car (not Misubishi) it caused codes to come up. And when i removed it the codes went away.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Which device, exactly?
    Some cheap $2 device I got from China that will be thrown in the trash. I'll probably buy the one that's manufactured by the maker of my head unit unless you have any recommendations on a good one.

So some interesting things happened. I pulled out my other OBDII code reader and cleared the codes. As soon as I disconnected that, the ABS and traction control lights came on. I cleared those as well and took the car for a test drive and it had zero acceleration. I didn't even get 2 houses down the street before I turned around and limped back into the drive way.

I turned the car off, disconnected the batter, and then turned the key to discharge everything. I reconnected the battery and started the car. I got a check engine light again, cleared the code, turn the car off and back on, and now everything is working fine. I took the car for about a mile test drive and everything is normal.

Ever see anything like this? I'm on the phone with a buddy who runs the service department at a dealership right now to see what he recommends. I'll probably bring it into the Mitsu dealer today.
    1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm13 View Post
    Some cheap $2 device I got from China that will be thrown in the trash. I'll probably buy the one that's manufactured by the maker of my head unit unless you have any recommendations on a good one.

So some interesting things happened. I pulled out my other OBDII code reader and cleared the codes. As soon as I disconnected that, the ABS and traction control lights came on. I cleared those as well and took the car for a test drive and it had zero acceleration. I didn't even get 2 houses down the street before I turned around and limped back into the drive way.

I turned the car off, disconnected the batter, and then turned the key to discharge everything. I reconnected the battery and started the car. I got a check engine light again, cleared the code, turn the car off and back on, and now everything is working fine. I took the car for about a mile test drive and everything is normal.

Ever see anything like this? I'm on the phone with a buddy who runs the service department at a dealership right now to see what he recommends. I'll probably bring it into the Mitsu dealer today.
    Haven't had that exact thing happen but did see lots of of problems while having a gps tracker plugged into the obdII port. Did you have the key turned off when you disconnected your code reader?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Haven't had that exact thing happen but did see lots of of problems while having a gps tracker plugged into the obdII port. Did you have the key turned off when you disconnected your code reader?
    I did it both with the car on and off.
    1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update

My service manager buddy stated that the following probably happened: The cheap OBDII reader malfunctioned, which caused the check engine light to come on. That cascaded to the point that the car went into safety mode, which caused the car to not go over a certain RPM/MPH which I translated as zero acceleration. Once I disconnected the battery, it reset itself which is now why the car drives fine and I have no lights on. Apparently, this can also be accomplished by turning the car on/off a certain number of time.

So in the end, all is good. I learned my lesson on cheap chinese devices and will purchase a reputable bluetooth OBDII reader in the near future.
    1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Brianm13 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    FWIW, I did have the ultragauge plugged into that time, but i had changed out some bulbs I the night before. I have found I get this error when changing bulbs, and one time when I accidentally unplugged the ultragauge while driving. Each time clearing the code made the error go away. The time I unplugged the ultragauge i did have acceleration issues that also disappeared when eating the code. Seem the mirage has a sensitive electrical system.