Thread: Engine Start Hiccup

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question Engine Start Hiccup

good day, recently i noticed that my mirage is doing a hiccup when starting. Its like once you press the start/stop button to start the engine it will hiccup then will start. Im just curious on what could cause this? or maybe its my battery? my mirage is already 1year now and still on stock batt. i just added a few mods like the, door courtesy light, an amplifier and woofer 2x 6.5inch and i think it wont eat much of electricity from the batt. and others like changing to LED thats all. Anyone encountered this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's a thread I started on the situation (assuming yours is the same.. it sounds like it): http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...efore-starting I thought (and still think) that it's maybe related to the ECU reflash that we had the US recall for. Not sure if it affects vehicles in the Philippines or elsewhere.

I had one start this week that took maybe 1/4 second longer than usual. Nothing like the 3-5 seconds of "hiccups" it did while starting before. With that exception, I've had easy push button starts since.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (05-07-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    ill read up first

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    ill try to monitor this if this still hapenning will sure get a trusty mechanic here.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    Here's a thread I started on the situation (assuming yours is the same.. it sounds like it): http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...efore-starting I thought (and still think) that it's maybe related to the ECU reflash that we had the US recall for. Not sure if it affects vehicles in the Philippines or elsewhere.

I had one start this week that took maybe 1/4 second longer than usual. Nothing like the 3-5 seconds of "hiccups" it did while starting before. With that exception, I've had easy push button starts since.
    do you have a copy letter of that recall? so that i can coordinate with our local dealer here bec until now i experience this.