Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Performance Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by anginlumpur View Post
    still didn't found any apss that able to display significant instant fc drop while engine braking/dfco let alone be zero or jump to 999km/l
    the weird thing instant fc gauge still show aroud 1.1l/100km no matter how far i did engine braking
    Aftermarket OBD-II fuel consumption gauges do not directly measure fuel flow - they read air consumption and then calculate (estimate) fuel flow from that. (Some devices/software have settings the user can enter to tell it when fuel cut is active.)

The fact your O2 sensor shows open loop when decelerating means you are in DFCO and more than likely not burning any fuel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    When the engine load becomes 0, and engine is in open loop, it's definitely in DFCO. In fact U don't need a gauge, when U release the accelerator and you feel the car slow down a lot, you are in DFCO and it will consume no fuel.

Yes, I've tested and almost full to full throttle, the engine goes into open loop. Rich fuel does not make more power, it makes safe power. Meaning it makes power and ensures ur engine does not die in the meantime.

I tested the cold start up again and it only lasts about 7-10 seconds after start for me. =)

I'm using an Ultragauge. U can get it online for about 1.15 million Rp. =)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage (Malaysia) GS 1.2 automatic: 44.6 mpg (US) ... 19.0 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Aftermarket OBD-II fuel consumption gauges do not directly measure fuel flow - they read air consumption and then calculate (estimate) fuel flow from that. (Some devices/software have settings the user can enter to tell it when fuel cut is active.)

The fact your O2 sensor shows open loop when decelerating means you are in DFCO and more than likely not burning any fuel.
    thanks
    yes on some apps, like torque pro, the fuel flow rate, looks like depend on engine rpm, and engine volume... and not too accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Polkiuj View Post
    When the engine load becomes 0, and engine is in open loop, it's definitely in DFCO. In fact U don't need a gauge, when U release the accelerator and you feel the car slow down a lot, you are in DFCO and it will consume no fuel.

Yes, I've tested and almost full to full throttle, the engine goes into open loop. Rich fuel does not make more power, it makes safe power. Meaning it makes power and ensures ur engine does not die in the meantime.

I tested the cold start up again and it only lasts about 7-10 seconds after start for me. =)

I'm using an Ultragauge. U can get it online for about 1.15 million Rp. =)

thanks very helpful news

yesterday i test few android apps, and i found "obd mileage" apps, finally its show 0 fuel flow rate, and able to show 99.99km/l when decelerating. so its able to show and confirm dfco the downside... it did not show fuel status..

the interesting part is, when i'm driving around city,yes it did very frequent dfco almost every time i release throttle pedal, i also found it is more frequent happen on D, and rarely on B. while B suppose used for engine braking. but it still did dfco when enough speed.

also last night i'm driving to rural area, with several steep hill, almost made my mirage completely give up if i turn on AC hehe . its read 93to99 engine load all the time... on the way home,i used same road which now should turn into downhill road.... and i could use alot engine braking here, the weird part is... it didn't did ANY dfco..... i tried used D instead, and still no dfco..... i feel the cvt tried hard to engine brake, even on D... but its didn't show any dfco.

until i arrive to city, at first it still did not did dfco... until several minute cruise in city with light load.. and its finally show dfco again.....

do you think its had some thing to do with fuzzylogic invecs 3 cvt? where its detect highload during steep hill, and decide not to do dfco to maintain fuel line while engine need it when on high engine load?

also i feel the fuzzy logic always changes the CVT behavior,shifting point also throttle response,depend on my driving style... and road condition... it is interesting when it did on the right condition.. and annoying when it did on wrong condition hehe

ultragauge indeed look pretty good

thanks

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkiuj View Post

yes, richer afr burn with less heat than lean or 14.7:1 Stoichiometric..

some said, for best performance it should burn on lean AFR instead.... while risking knock and higher temperature... what do you think about this? why less fuel able to produce more performace ? since in modern direct injection gasoline engine or a lean-burn specific engine, they burn on much leaner afr 1:20 to 1:65 afr. close or match to a diesel.. so it got better fc during idle... and higher power, maybe like skyactiv engine

if i'm not miss understood this haha

thanks

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Anginlumpur,

I'm not so sure as I rarely use B but the times I did, it went into DFCO almost instantly. Will need to test more to confirm.

I'm not so sure, need to do some research but i think because rich ratios do not bur completely or efficiently. There is only so much oxygen in every intake stroke so putting more fuel in will not result in more power. That's Y turbo and superchargers exist. To put more air in (compressed).

When the mixture is rich, you'll also notice the carbon deposits increase or it may foul up your plugs. So it's pretty sure that it does not fully burn up all fuel if the mix is too rich.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage (Malaysia) GS 1.2 automatic: 44.6 mpg (US) ... 19.0 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.6 mpg (Imp)