Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 outlander sport

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't mention the Jeep Wrangler.
    That's a whole other animal. Not really part of the mini SUV crowd at all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    The CVT is Great in mine. Don't know about this Negitive talk about the CVT. It's a lot diffrent then the mirage with the CVT . If you whant more power you can go for the V6 and go as fast as you whant.
    The CVT is OK, but for those who enjoy driving, it's about the worst thing you can get. There is no connection to the machine. For some folks, they just don't understand and only worry about it getting them from point a to point b and that's perfectly ok. But for enthusiasts, the CVT is the devil incarnate. Since the OP mentioned he has to have a manual and prefers the fun factor, I'm almost 100% sure he would hate the CVT. I go to car meets all the time and mentioning a CVT is like saying a bad word, lol. They're hated that much by enthusiasts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry Carfreak09, I am not a fan of the quality of the fiat brand. While I have not worked on any 500's, I have worked on some of their newer model vans and am not at all impressed. I think Mitsu is much better quality long term. I hope your Fiat works out well for you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sold my orange Lancer and we bought 2 (two) 2014 Outlander Sport ES FWD CVT. No complaints so far.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

flatbroke (05-17-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    The CVT is Great in mine. Don't know about this Negitive talk about the CVT. It's a lot diffrent then the mirage with the CVT . If you whant more power you can go for the V6 and go as fast as you whant.
    4th car with the CVT. Cannot complain either.

Just want to remind that the CVT flush every 30K miles keeps the tranmission in a great shape.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
    Sorry Carfreak09, I am not a fan of the quality of the fiat brand. While I have not worked on any 500's, I have worked on some of their newer model vans and am not at all impressed. I think Mitsu is much better quality long term. I hope your Fiat works out well for you.
    I'm a fan of Mitsubishi and Fiat. I tend to root for the underdogs. Ive owned 4 Mitsubishis and 3 Fiats (2 in my garage right now). Both are good products. Mitsubishi offers a longer warranty for those that worry about that. Fiat definitely makes a more driver oriented product though, which is why they have won out over Mitsubishi when I've been in the market. That being said, I still am toying with the idea of getting a Mirage for my business.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    We are thinking about getting an outlander sport to replace our Kia Sportage. We love our 2014 Mirage and think the build quality is great. We would consider another Mirage, but we need a vehicle with a higher ground clearance to get out to our camp. Just looking online I realize there are not many small SUV choices where you can get a manual trans, this is a must have for me. Anyone own an Outlander Sport or have any opinions on it?
    Can't comment on the refreshed 2016, but my Mom just bought a new 2015 (leftover). I got to drive it every day for a week while she visited from out of town. I liked it a lot. The 2.4L motor has strong, not great, power and runs very smooth and quiet. With my light foot, cruising at 45-55mph, I saw 36 MPG, which I thought was fantastic. The only not so great thing is the road noise. it's prominent. Much quieter the my Mirage, but still very noticeable. Very comfortable and roomy inside for the size. Good cargo space. I think it's a very underrated compact CUV.