Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for first autocross Sunday. (pics)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, really shocked that one of mods hasn't posted advice to this person that racing this mirage is really going to open up a can of worms. If anything breaks now or in the future on this car, the warranty can and should be denied. It's in the warranty manual.The warranty manual is online also. Pages 10 and 11.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Flatbroke, do you acknowledge that the purchaser of the automobile can use the car the way they see fit? Do you suppose that the owner already understands how warranties work, and accepts that they might void their warranty?

I'm not sure if you have ever raced. Some racers seek out an inexpensive car to drive to the track, race, and drive back home.

Good thing we live in a free country, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The web is full of stories about people who participated in autocross races, broke their cars while doing so, and to their dismay, had their warranty claims dismissed. I'm sure you are correct. Everyone here has read their warranty manual and owners manual from front to back, and are well aware of the situation. We would definitely never attempt to commit fraud. Hey, it's Race Day!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I get your concern, flatbroke. Personally, I prefer that if drivers are going to drive aggressive they do it on a track, away from the general motoring public. That is far safer than on public roads, endangering others.

We have enough to worry about with other distractions, frustrated drivers with short fuses (think road rage), new inexperienced drivers, impaired drivers... I could go on.

I'm curious - do you race, or do you work in the automotive industry? Sometimes you come across as a dealer's representative.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
    Wow, really shocked that one of mods hasn't posted advice to this person that racing this mirage is really going to open up a can of worms.
    The web is full of stories about people who participated in autocross races, broke their cars while doing so, and to their dismay, had their warranty claims dismissed. I'm sure you are correct. Everyone here has read their warranty manual and owners manual from front to back, and are well aware of the situation. We would definitely never attempt to commit fraud. Hey, it's Race Day!!
    I don't think it is a moderator's job (or anybody else here) to enforce warranty policy for Mitsubishi.

I could be wrong...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (05-23-2016),inuvik (05-22-2016),Teasmade (05-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I don't think it is a moderator's job (or anybody else here) to enforce warranty policy for Mitsubishi.

I could be wrong...
    Not this moderators job.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Not this moderators job.
    I'm sorry, this is a Mitsubishi Mirage forum, correct? All I'm asking is to be fare to the brand that one chooses. People can do whatever they want to the things they purchase, but just understand, if something craps the bed, one should be enough of an adult to realize it's on their dime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flatbroke For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I'm sorry, this is a Mitsubishi Mirage forum, correct? All I'm asking is to be fare to the brand that one chooses. People can do whatever they want to the things they purchase, but just understand, if something craps the bed, one should be enough of an adult to realize it's on their dime.
    My thought is this: Every person that buys a new Mirage is given the same information (i.e. Owners Manual and Warranty Information). It is the due diligence and the responsibility of the owner to read the materials given at purchase to understand what you can and cannot do with your Mirage to keep your warranty in effect. The fact that an owner chooses not to read the material does not absolve the owner of the limitations and restrictions placed to keep your warranty in force. It's like laws, the fact you don't know a law exists doesn't absolve you from the responsibility of being subject to it. It's the responsibility of the owner to inform him / herself. Everyone has the materials, take an hour or two to read it. So if you want to race your Mirage, supercharge the motor go ahead. But then if things go awry don't complain about the consequences of your actions. It's like the contracts people sign or EULA's people agree to without reading. Still subject to them even though they didn't read them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-22-2016),Teasmade (05-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, this is a Mitsubishi Mirage forum, correct?
    No need to apologize! It is a forum for the Mitsubishi Mirage. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here, but I don't think is it sponsored by Mitsubishi.

All I'm asking is to be fare to the brand that one chooses. People can do whatever they want to the things they purchase, but just understand, if something craps the bed, one should be enough of an adult to realize it's on their dime.
    Like inuvik points out, that's on them.

Just imagine - right now, somewhere, someone is racing their brand new vehicle around a racetrack - without the consent of the manufacturer of that vehicle. And that owner is probably having a blast accelerating to the vehicle's maximum potential - braking - cornering. Sometimes all three at once.

And a select few of those drivers are good enough to get an endorsement from the manufacturer.

So long as it is on a track and not on public roads.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-22-2016),RedRage (05-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey everyone - it's Sunday!

"Ride like the wind, straining the limits of machine and man."

Be safe out there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-22-2016)