Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for first autocross Sunday. (pics)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    185/65r14s on honda hx rims (early 90s civic) 14x5.5 unsure on backspace but no spacers or anything. rims are made by enkei, directly for honda, and lighter than most.
    I am digging those wheels.

SO - how did it go?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I seem to recall that when the Subaru WRX first went on sale in the US a complimentary membership in the Sports Car Club of America was included. Apparently manufacturers are not only aware that some owners enjoy driving their vehicles at speed, they encourage them to do so in a controlled environment.

Do you think for one second that a company like Mitsubishi, which manufactured the Lancer Evolution for over 20 years, isn't aware that some of its customers use their vehicles in competition?

Of all the forms of motorsport, autocross is probably the least stressful on a vehicle. The chances of any drivetrain damage being done are slim to none. Like Eggman said, it's a free country we can all do as we please with our vehicles warranties be damned!
    Last edited by Angrybeaver; 05-23-2016 at 01:22 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hopefully nothing happens to our "racing" members, but if one gets injured, damages the car due to an accident, or has to fix the car himself\herself due to mechanical failure, we can all help out. Oops, forgot, insurance companies don't take kindly to racing either.....http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...-activity.html

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Those were some good articles. Thanks for sharing them.

Everyone is duly warned: If you race your car, you won't be covered by warranty or standard insurance. Special race insurance is available, but at a premium price. And Ford will cover your car's warranty for racing - maybe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
    I'm sorry, this is a Mitsubishi Mirage forum, correct? All I'm asking is to be fare to the brand that one chooses. People can do whatever they want to the things they purchase, but just understand, if something craps the bed, one should be enough of an adult to realize it's on their dime.
    That is a good point.

Actually it would have been if not for the rear axle debuckle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Flatbroke, mind your own business. You can drive your car like a little old lady, secure in the knowledge that your warranty shall never be voided. You don't need to come here and crap all over everyone else's good time.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angrybeaver For This Useful Post:

flatbroke (05-23-2016),MightyMirageMpg (05-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

....While the mirage isn't my fastest car, it's definitely the cheapest to fix...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I am digging those wheels.

SO - how did it go?
    Thank you I really was happy when I bolted them on! They're fairly narrow, narrow enough you could probably run LRR tires without taking much of an mpg hit. But I can tell you I lost a solid 5+ and will be putting the factories back on once I get a minute.

Hopefully nothing happens to our "racing" members, but if one gets injured, damages the car due to an accident, or has to fix the car himself\herself due to mechanical failure, we can all help out. Oops, forgot, insurance companies don't take kindly to racing either.....http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...-activity.html
    See my first quote, from my initial, unedited post.
    While I appreciate your thought, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder... In every post I've seen of yours... Ever...

Beyond that..

I will definitely be returning too do this more! It was much more violent on the car than I expected, but it the most fun I've had in a car, ever, and I come from an automotive background.

Anyone "on the fence" about trying this, really needs to go out and try it.

"How the mirage did".

It body rolled like an SOB!
    Understeered pretty bad
    Couldn't get back too rotate

All that being said, I ran a 69.xx in the mirage, and my instructor, who was running a Saturn sl2 with HUGE racing tires, ran a 64.xx with a more powerful car, that I'm sure gripped better. (He gave me a ride, it was awesome) for reference, the FASTEST time I seen was pretty well prepped Honda, that did a 55. But he was clearly out for blood.

All in all I would say I was extremely impressed with how well the car did, and lots of people showed interest in it, because it's significantly out of the norm.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-23-2016),Gatsby (05-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    Flatbroke, mind your own business. You can drive your car like a little old lady, secure in the knowledge that your warranty shall never be voided. You don't need to come here and crap all over everyone else's good time.
    Nice post,I love you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you I really was happy when I bolted them on! They're fairly narrow, narrow enough you could probably run LRR tires without taking much of an mpg hit. But I can tell you I lost a solid 5+ and will be putting the factories back on once I get a minute.

See my first quote, from my initial, unedited post.
    While I appreciate your thought, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder... In every post I've seen of yours... Ever...

Beyond that..

I will definitely be returning too do this more! It was much more violent on the car than I expected, but it the most fun I've had in a car, ever, and I come from an automotive background.

Anyone "on the fence" about trying this, really needs to go out and try it.

"How the mirage did".

It body rolled like an SOB!
    Understeered pretty bad
    Couldn't get back too rotate

All that being said, I ran a 69.xx in the mirage, and my instructor, who was running a Saturn sl2 with HUGE racing tires, ran a 64.xx with a more powerful car, that I'm sure gripped better. (He gave me a ride, it was awesome) for reference, the FASTEST time I seen was pretty well prepped Honda, that did a 55. But he was clearly out for blood.

All in all I would say I was extremely impressed with how well the car did, and lots of people showed interest in it, because it's significantly out of the norm.
    Is it my fault that I'm so incredible? But i digress,please continue to run that Mirage as hard as you can in the autocross. We all look forward to reports on your adventure.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flatbroke For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-23-2016),MightyMirageMpg (05-23-2016)