Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage taxi

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We are having an issue with the 2015 DE w\cvt stalling at stop lights also when getting gas . Any info will help dealer has no ideas. Thanx dave

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxi dave View Post
    We are having an issue with the 2015 DE w\cvt stalling at stop lights also when getting gas . Any info will help dealer has no ideas. Thanx dave
    Is it throwing any codes? Also, what gas are you using - are you using Top Tier gas?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Well it's obviously a fuel supply problem. If there are no codes to read then I would look at replacing the fuel filter first. Batch of bad fuel maybe? Contamination, sabatoge?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Besides all that, check for bag spark plugs or coils.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you all, it seems to revolve around the AC being on. On rear occasions we put gas in. we leave it running with air on . ( This is tampa Fla and it being 95 and we are using it as a taxicab 24/7/365 ) the drivers have showed me it " sputters " at a stop and just stalls at the gas pump. My dealer said they have heard when you take the gas cap off it repressurises the fuel system. I didn't know if anyone else had this issue. I don't see any codes coming up,. I have 2 of this model and they both do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taxi dave For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My dealer said they have heard when you take the gas cap off it repressurises the fuel system.
    That's wild. I wonder if this could be tested by simply removing the gas cap slowly?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Thank you all, it seems to revolve around the AC being on. On rear occasions we put gas in. we leave it running with air on . ( This is tampa Fla and it being 95 and we are using it as a taxicab 24/7/365 ) the drivers have showed me it " sputters " at a stop and just stalls at the gas pump. My dealer said they have heard when you take the gas cap off it repressurises the fuel system. I didn't know if anyone else had this issue. I don't see any codes coming up,. I have 2 of this model and they both do it.
    Probably going to have to shut the vehicle off for refueling. Other members have noted issues with loose gas caps that cleared after the cap was tightened. The system eventually resets itself but not if you never shut it off and give the system a chance to reset. Granted leaving it running saves 5 seconds but it's probably worth the 5 seconds to shut it down for refueling and make sure the cap is tight before starting up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The engine computer should bump the idle up to around 1000-1100 rpm when the AC compressor kicks on. Is it doing that?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-01-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No it doesn't,. I'm running it on a diagnostic computer from mitzubishi the dealer gave us. Also when you stop there is foward jerk or a clunk almost as if you foot slid off the break.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That sounds like a CVT computer problem.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-01-2018)