Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone have factory springs, shocks?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    http://performanceshock.com/index.ph...86_246_247_257

here's a place selling universal eibach springs that should all fit. they're 1/2" shorter than factory, and the mount is about 1/8" dia larger

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    It also looks very easy too shim this rear end I don't get what the big deal is, at the brake mounting plate.....
    The spindle is welded to the axle and not bolted, so a shim cannot be installed. You will only change the angle of the backing plate.

Though I wonder if it could be removed and a bolt-on spindle installed in its place.
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 05-27-2016 at 11:01 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (05-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm wondering if we could find a rear axle swap. It would be nice to swap to a different 4x100 rear axle
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    I'm wondering if we could find a rear axle swap. It would be nice to swap to a different 4x100 rear axle
    Try the Smart car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update:

Changed my springs out, with a very noticeable effect.

I ended up buying 2 sets of springs, 1 from a Honda fit, and one from a fiesta.

The Honda springs fit great except I had too trim a small rubber piece off. It's pretty self explaining.

The first picture shows the springs all together side by side. The Honda springs are the shortest, fiestas springs are the longest.

One picture shows Honda springs installed and at "full jounce" the last picture is of my car fully installed. Ride height probably increased. I didn't measure. Truthfully, it looks simulair to stock.

First impressions with new springs;

Car feels significantly more stable. It's clear these springs are stiffer, but definitely not jarring. I tested them out in a parking lot, like an idiot, and I can say the understeer has decreased. Car feels balanced.

In my opinion this is how the car should feel from factory. Very pleased, best $28 I've spent on suspension upgrades.

I didn't try the fiesta springs. No reason to change.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    update;

the springs must be slightly too tall. i noticed I'm hitting the droop stop on the shock more now. Shame because these are such a dramatic improvement in ride and handling. i read somewhere the rate is supposedly 150#. for auto-x i will reinstall these until i find better. higher COG or not, they're currently my best setup.

I'm going too remove these for daily use and continue my search, i will try the fiesta springs when get a chance, but i think ill probably end up with universal coil springs all around and adjustable koni shocks in rear.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-02-2016)