Thread: Automatic Emergency Braking coming to Mirage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    I think your view on this depends on if you ever had been rear-ended or not. And no I don't want it in my car, just the car behind (and one behind it too)
    When I was 23, I was rear-ended by a fully loaded tractor-trailer truck while waiting to make a right turn into a shopping center. There was a pedestrian crossing the entryway, and I was yielding to them. I have been rear-ended half a dozen other times as well, so I know what it is like.

It's not so much the safety features and technology in and of itself that I am opposed to; it's more the government mandates. I'd be perfectly okay with this stuff being optional, and wouldn't fault anyone for opting to pay extra for it. This kind of tech makes people LESS attentive as drivers. This is fine when they are in the new car with the electronic collision nanny. But what happens when that same person gets behind the wheel of an older car, not realizing this feature is absent, and fires up their Facebook page while going 40 in a school zone thinking that they are safe?

Government mandates make cars endlessly more complex, more expensive, and less reliable. If I wanted a car that was complex, expensive, and unreliable, I wouldn't be HERE.
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 05-31-2016 at 04:55 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-31-2016)