Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Fender Side-marker

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eco driver View Post
    I just got a set I ordered the other day. They have bulbs not LED style. A simple install. Be sure you hear a chick when plugging in. Looks good but I thought it would be nice if you could have them run like side markers instead of turn signals. Thanks for all the other posts.
    If I, "hear a chick when plugging in", I will definitely repeat this install many times. Not sure how the wife feels about this...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    Also I want to add that the resistance has to be in the proper range or you end up with issues. Seeing as these work they have the proper resistance across them probably why there is 3 LEDs in there. If you were to buy one of those replacement bulbs that have like 6, 12 LEDs in them you would have the wrong resistance might even throw a warning light in the dash. Cars are completely computerized now and the wires going to the lights aren't just power, they all run back to a central processing unit, and unless everything has the right balance the unit will throw an error. The imbalance can also cause other things to not work like airbags or abs.
    Cars monitor the turn signals and brake lights for faults, but it is my understanding side marker lights like these are not monitored in this way. However, I could be wrong here. Do you know if any forum members who have installed the LED version of these side marker lights have reported problems using them?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (07-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Cars monitor the turn signals and brake lights for faults, but it is my understanding side marker lights like these are not monitored in this way. However, I could be wrong here. Do you know if any forum members who have installed the LED version of these side marker lights have reported problems using them?
    You are right. On my buddy's 'Lancer and Outlander, you can remove the side repeaters and it doesn't cause anything to blink faster or change. These are not monitored like the rest of the lights.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The worry was about replacement LED style bulbs. Not OEM... Also, the entire electrical system is a delicate thing. Changing out bulbs for LED's in many cars result in dash lights and interior lights staying on for no reason. Error codes are soon to follow... I think these cars carry much of the same programming in the chips, so Mitsubishi part swaps are mostly compatible...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    The worry was about replacement LED style bulbs. Not OEM...
    Interesting. I didn't know these LED side marker lights were OEM. That's good to know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_4290.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  91.2 KB

Just added the factory side marker/blinker lights to my 2015 Mirage ES and I love it. Works in tandem with the Mirror Indicators. Took 60 seconds to do lol.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (02-14-2018),Alex1a1f (12-22-2016),HitShane (03-26-2017),inuvik (12-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd be down for a group buy but realize its an old thread.
    Last edited by tomandjerry00; 03-26-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought side markers the same day I bought my '17 SE and they had them in stock. I think I spent $42 for the pair. If you go to the dealer, pull the VIN off of a new ES model otherwise they'll just give you the same chrome blanks that came factory on the car lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Iggypooper For This Useful Post:

HitShane (03-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomandjerry00 View Post
    I'd be down for a group buy but realize its an old thread.
    There may actually be a demand for a group buy... I'm in as I need a pair for my Outlander Sport. I hear even if you have the mirrors; the sides will still blink too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggypooper View Post
    I bought side markers the same day I bought my '17 SE and they had them in stock. I think I spent $42 for the pair. If you go to the dealer, pull the VIN off of a new ES model otherwise they'll just give you the same chrome blanks that came factory on the car lol.

OEM Led at dealership or factory single bulb? You can get pair of bulb style for $25 a pair.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/152435448044

(blank signature)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (09-30-2018)