Thread: ABS issue

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

ABS issue

Hi everyone. I bought my 2017 mirage g4 brand new and I real)y like it. Over 100k miles with minimal issues. However recently the traction control light came on. Followed by the one saying its off and the ABS light. Then they all go off. And cycle through again intermittently. Based on the research I've done i feel its a wheel speed sensor. But the auto part stores near me don't have a tool to read the codes. The nearest certified mitsubishi service center is about an hour from me. I'm not real mechanically inclined so I'm seeking help from this forum. I've cleaned each sensor and the lights went off. But after about 20 minutes they came on again. Id appreciate any advice and help with this. Thanks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    maybe you could buy an OBD II device off amazon? and read the codes?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've thought about it. I'm not in a great position financially so I'm a bit hesitant. If I were in a better position I'd have done that already.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Since you already know how to remove the ABS sensors. you could try and test them with a multimeter either on or off the car. just search for this on youtube.Im sure you will find a video.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Since you already know how to remove the ABS sensors. you could try and test them with a multimeter either on or off the car. just search for this on youtube.Im sure you will find a video.
    Put a video on your channel, then you will get the clicks/views.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Put a video on your channel, then you will get the clicks/views.
    I appreciate the kind words, This is my exam week at school so ive been busy. I already have my next 4 youtube videos already thought out: oil change, coolant change, drum brake change, dash cam install.

Im trying to focus on general maintenance instead of specific repairs as the audience for something as specific as an ABS sensor diagnostic for a Mitsubishi mirage would be very, very small.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did test them. But I didn't test them by spinning the wheel. Only plugged into them and they all had the same reading. I couldn't spin each tire since I don't own Jack stands and couldn't do it safely

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    Hi everyone. I bought my 2017 mirage g4 brand new and I real)y like it. Over 100k miles with minimal issues. However recently the traction control light came on. Followed by the one saying its off and the ABS light. Then they all go off. And cycle through again intermittently. Based on the research I've done i feel its a wheel speed sensor. But the auto part stores near me don't have a tool to read the codes. The nearest certified mitsubishi service center is about an hour from me. I'm not real mechanically inclined so I'm seeking help from this forum. I've cleaned each sensor and the lights went off. But after about 20 minutes they came on again. Id appreciate any advice and help with this. Thanks
    Rather than blindly shooting the parts cannon at your car have a grown up with a scanner scan it for you. If you have anything plugged into your obdii port right now unplug it and leave it unplugged. Having cheapo or even some non cheapo devices are known to cause problems with these cars, some subarus and even a lot of our Sonics at work.

Any independent shop shout have the ability to scan your car. If not, don’t take your car there and try the next one.
    Or if you want to take the blind long route you could try to unplug each sensor, check for ac voltage when you spin the wheel. That could maybe possibly narrow down which wheel is a problem. If that’s your problem. If you don’t get a reading then you have probably have a faulty or broken sensor or bad wheel bearing.
    I’d really find a grown up to just scan it. It’s be a huge time saver. There’s no need to go to a dealer.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (04-18-2022),mohammad (04-18-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just for a goof, how is the brake fluid level. I don't know about these, but the Queens old Taurus would activate the ABS & Trac lights if the level was low... Just a random thought...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)