Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the CVT transmission in the Mirage reliable?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyess333 View Post
    That's very interesting.
    It seems the real world results are the opposite of what Mitsu says.
    It's not Mitsubishi, it's the method that EPA requires Manufacturers to use to test mileage for manual transmissions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-10-2016),MetroMPG (03-06-2019)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I notice the CVT in my 2017 Mirage G4 SE is much smoother than the one in my 2015 Mirage Hatch ES. Also the idle neutral logic work alot better in my 2017. It seemed to rarely come on in my 2015 but in my 2017 after I let off the brake I can feel it go back into gear plain as day about 85% of the time. Also when idling you can tell if it is in neutral or not by the way the car feels. The transmission just seems more sorted out in the 2017s. My coworker still have her 2015 Mirage and when ai drive hers then mine it is noticible all the impovements they made on the 2017s and I think Mitsubishi went above and beyond updating the 2017 Mirages.

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It's not Mitsubishi, it's the method that EPA requires Manufacturers to use to test mileage for manual transmissions.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-30-2017),fc321 (01-01-2019),MirageRally (12-30-2020),Wil B (09-16-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage ES Navi View Post
    I notice the CVT in my 2017 Mirage G4 SE is much smoother than the one in my 2015 Mirage Hatch ES. Also the idle neutral logic work alot better in my 2017. It seemed to rarely come on in my 2015 but in my 2017 after I let off the brake I can feel it go back into gear plain as day about 85% of the time. Also when idling you can tell if it is in neutral or not by the way the car feels. The transmission just seems more sorted out in the 2017s. My coworker still have her 2015 Mirage and when ai drive hers then mine it is noticible all the impovements they made on the 2017s and I think Mitsubishi went above and beyond updating the 2017 Mirages.
    My fiancee's 2017 G4 feels a little more smoother than my 14 hatch. But I feel like the extra hp is more taxing as well. The G4 engine seems alot louder than the 2014 perhaps due to the increased curb weight. I feel safer in the G4 though definitely.

I don't have a problem with asking suzuki questions on a Mirage forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm at 112,000.00 miles with no problems (other than acceleration lag which seems normal for a SVT). I changed the fluid once at around 110,000 miles. I did it myself.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My 2015 mirage was purchased in March 2017, so it's been driven for about 4.5 years, and has about 85,000 miles on it. After 30 minutes of driving, the D blinks with intermittent slipping, bucking, etc. It had a trans flush after the 1st or 2nd instance of the issue, but it had been getting progressively worse over the past month. Local mechanic said there was a code for internal line pressure and to see the dealer. When I dropped it off at the dealer, they verified I was the original owner, and made it sound like it's almost definitely going to need a new CVT, which is no biggie since it's covered under warranty and I can have it back for the 3 week lead time on a new transmission. They will check it out tomorrow to be sure. He was alarmingly nonchalant about this, like it's totally normal for a car of this age/mileage to come in for a transmission replacement.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michelel View Post
    My 2015 mirage was purchased in March 2017...they verified I was the original owner...
    You bought a new 2015 in March of 2017?

Keep us posted on the replacement. If the dealer is happy to install a new CVT in your car, by all means step back and let them do it! This repair (at the dealer) would almost exceed the entire value of your car. The list price of a CVT for that car is now more than $7,000.

Name:  cvt.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  77.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Nooooooooooooooo! Not the CVT!?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    can a shift shock on reverse be fixed?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The purchase is a long story - not my first choice, but I ended up loving my car so it worked out.

My warrany transmission replacement was approved today. They ordered on a critical rush basis because they're all in Japan at the moment.

They are even trying to get Mitsubishi to pay for a rental car since it's going to be at least a few weeks waiting for parts. The service advisor expects to get the final ok for that tomorrow. I'm very surprised that they're doing all of this! I realize this is worth more than the car, and I am beyond grateful not to be car shopping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    You bought a new 2015 in March of 2017?

Keep us posted on the replacement. If the dealer is happy to install a new CVT in your car, by all means step back and let them do it! This repair (at the dealer) would almost exceed the entire value of your car. The list price of a CVT for that car is now more than $7,000.

Name:  cvt.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  77.9 KB