Thread: bad credit/75% down payment. Think the dealer will go for it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

bad credit/75% down payment. Think the dealer will go for it?

My credit got jacked up when the ex and I split.
    I've been looking at used 2014/2015 Mirages in the 8 grand range but I will only about 6 grand in my pocket.
    Do you think the dealer might let me finance the difference with such a big down payment?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyess333 View Post
    My credit got jacked up when the ex and I split.
    I've been looking at used 2014/2015 Mirages in the 8 grand range but I will only about 6 grand in my pocket.
    Do you think the dealer might let me finance the difference with such a big down payment?
    Shouldn't be a problem. If you belong to a Credit Union check with them. You might actually get a better rate by putting less down and financing more. But your payment would be über small with that much down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If you belong to a Credit Union check with them.
    +1 Follow that advice!!! Try a credit union first. If you don't belong to one, go find one and join.

Do everything possible to arrange your financing ahead of time (from an outside lender) BEFORE you head to the dealer. The last thing you want to do is rely on the dealership Finance Manager to get you financed, especially if your credit isn't fantastic. You just think the Sales Manager is the biggest crook in a dealership. He's not. The Finance Manger is.

Another huge benefit of financing outside of the dealership is that your private lender will need to see a purchase order from the selling dealership before they will approve your loan. This forces the dealer to lay out ALL of their numbers on paper. So it gives you a perfect opportunity to go over everything on your own terms. If the dealer tries to slide in some extra BS fees (and they do quite often), you'll see it right there and you can call them out and get them removed.

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 06-11-2016 at 10:03 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-13-2016),Eggman (06-11-2016),inuvik (06-11-2016),Jimmyess333 (06-13-2016)