Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems With Plastic Intakes

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank everyone for all the info but after careful consideration I have decided refurbish an economy vehicle that predates plastic intakes, electric steering, fly by wire, tire pressure monitors, traction control, computer controlled windows, and computerized climate control. I have refurbished a few classic cars in my time so I am confident I can pull it off. Wish you all well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmyess333 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-23-2016),MightyMirageMpg (06-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyess333 View Post
    Thank everyone for all the info but after careful consideration I have decided refurbish an economy vehicle that predates plastic intakes, electric steering, fly by wire, tire pressure monitors, traction control, computer controlled windows, and computerized climate control. I have refurbished a few classic cars in my time so I am confident I can pull it off. Wish you all well.
    Good luck with your project, we'll be here if ya change your mind!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyess333 View Post
    Sounds fun, any idea what car? I've got a 1984 Ranger that meets those requirements, and then some. 4 speed manual. No AC. No power steering. Not even any power brakes. Carbureted. All emissions controls removed (not by me). It, uh, has an alternator, and that's about it.

I got the Mirage because I wanted a reliable car without having to mess with anything (for 5-10 years). The truck is the (sometimes) fun fixer upper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I was going to mention that it sounds like you want something more like a '77 Pinto than a new Mirage...I guess you were way ahead of me. Good luck with your project!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 1996 Ford Aspire was very comparable to the Mirage, and fits all of that list.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)