Thread: 2021 remote start

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2021 remote start

New here and tried searching but couldn’t find any help. Trying to find some kind of wiring list/diagram for the car itself so I can install a remote start on my son’s 2021 mirage. I was able to find a list of wire colors and locations for previous vehicles on the internet but nothing is coming up for this one. I’ve installed these in a lot of previous vehicles but any helps, tips, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When I got my 2018, I took it to the pros to get the remote start installed & the windows tinted...for what they charged, I couldn't do it myself. Let the people install it for you as that is what they do & if there is an issue, you have someone to go to to get it fixed...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    find your car on this list: https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/mitsubishi/mirage/ then under guides click on "regular installation" and it will give you a pdf with instructions and photos.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-27-2021),Src4usarmy (12-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    When I got my 2018, I took it to the pros to get the remote start installed & the windows tinted...for what they charged, I couldn't do it myself. Let the people install it for you as that is what they do & if there is an issue, you have someone to go to to get it fixed...
    I've installed quite a few before and I would be more than willing to let the local shop do it but the only local shop I would even begin to trust quoted $500 to install. We don't have a lot of choices in my area sad to say.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    find your car on this list: https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/mitsubishi/mirage/ then under guides click on "regular installation" and it will give you a pdf with instructions and photos.
    Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    not trying to hijack this thread, but i was wondering since we dont have a steering lock(in my car at least). you could probably configure a remote starter that doesn't have one of those safety shutoffs base on time or depression of the brake pedal to start the car indefinitely. You could potentially have a remote starter that doesnt require a key takeover and can be driven away. This has some pros and cons:

pros: your car is now remote to start and basically push to start

cons: anyone can steal your car while is idling if you leave the doors unlocked? although a good remote starter will kill the engine if the door is opened without the key fob unlock signal(i.e someone throws a rock through your window and opens the door from the inside) and won't start the car if the doors are unlocked.

just an interesting idea i wanted to share.