Thread: Gear shift indicator (equipped on manual transmission)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Gear shift indicator (equipped on manual transmission)

I was just reviewing the listed options for my 2015 SE and I came across the option "Gear shift indicator (equipped on manual transmission)"

Supposedly this is standard equipment with the manual transmission. I've had my car since March, but I have yet to find a gear shift indicator. I'm sure I wouldn't use it anyway, but I'm interested to know if this is a mistake or something.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I noticed that it lists the ECO indicator as CVT only, but my manual has it (although it's useless).

Also, the 2017 model no longer lists the gear shift indicator with the manual transmission. It's sounding like it was listed in error.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    what do you mean gear shift indicator?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    what do you mean gear shift indicator?
    In most vehicles it is a display that shows something like an up or down arrow when the vehicle believes you should shift up or down. I believe in the Chevy Spark it was part of the MID.

Something like this... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...indicator.html

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerAbuser View Post
    I was just reviewing the listed options for my 2015 SE and I came across the option "Gear shift indicator (equipped on manual transmission)"

Supposedly this is standard equipment with the manual transmission. I've had my car since March, but I have yet to find a gear shift indicator. I'm sure I wouldn't use it anyway, but I'm interested to know if this is a mistake or something.
    my 2014 mirage 5MT does not have this either. Our 2016 Outlander Sport 5MT does. It is an arrow that appears to tell you to shift to the next gear. I would assume this is so you get the best mpg, but I will shift when I feel like it and most likely get better mpg's shifting then, rather than shifting when a computer says I should.