Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Touch Screen Stereo --> 2015 Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will buy it off from you if you decide to give up. this radio is made by Hyundai and use Hyundai style plug

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etravian View Post
    which as I understand it is also shared by the Lancer and the Outlander in various trim packages.

I don't think that's accurate though. All the research on their radios are different.

Unfortunately, I think you're going to need to find a wrecked 17+ mirage and cut off the male connectors with enough wire behind to piggback onto the Metras 14 and 15 female connectors.

I will see if I can locate some.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I don't think that's accurate though. All the research on their radios are different.

Unfortunately, I think you're going to need to find a wrecked 17+ mirage and cut off the male connectors with enough wire behind to piggback onto the Metras 14 and 15 female connectors.

Thank you for looking around for that! I also did a little more digging, thanks to the comment by wmo168 that this is a Hyundai-sourced unit - and after a little googling around, I can see that in fact the connectors on the back look exactly like the Hyundai ones.

http://www.hemanual.org/avn_head_uni...tion-2062.html

And that leads me here:

http://www.metraonline.com/part/71-7304

So that's the harness that will plug into the new unit, methinks!

Aaaannd...

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-7005 appears to be the correct harness to plug into the car... but it only shows the one plug, likely just for the audio and power, whereas I have steering wheel controls and an extra plug to deal with.

GETTING CLOSER!!!!

Oh and one more thing: the Metra double-DIN faceplate, as at least one other person has mentioned, will NOT work with the OEM Nav radio without modification. The Mits nav head unit is decidedly bigger than the hole in the faceplate.
    Last edited by etravian; 03-19-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post

MORE INFO! Darn, this is hard stuff to find!

Per another thread on this site, I've confirmed that the trim panel that should fit my OEM nav radio is 8002B480XA. But the tough one to find has been the reverse adapter for the car harness to this Hyundai-sourced head unit. After slogging through parts sites, I've come up with 8755A118 as the part number for the reverse harness, to go from stock Mirage (2014+) to 2017 Hyundai-sourced OEM nav unit MZ360500EX.

$162. Sigh.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etravian View Post
    MORE INFO! Darn, this is hard stuff to find!

Per another thread on this site, I've confirmed that the trim panel that should fit my OEM nav radio is 8002B480XA. But the tough one to find has been the reverse adapter for the car harness to this Hyundai-sourced head unit. After slogging through parts sites, I've come up with 8755A118 as the part number for the reverse harness, to go from stock Mirage (2014+) to 2017 Hyundai-sourced OEM nav unit MZ360500EX.

$162. Sigh.
    The junkyard or the person who sold you the radio should have include it. I got a 2014 OEM Nav Facotry unit and I have the junkyard include the reverse adapter from Stock DE harness to the Stock OEM Nav (Clarion) unit. Otherwise I will have to get it from the dealer.

Bascially all car comes with stock OE harness that plug to the stock OE radio. It just a extra harness that plug into the nav unit or display radio in this case. This way there is no need to rewrite or hunt for a adapter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    The junkyard or the person who sold you the radio should have include it. I got a 2014 OEM Nav Facotry unit and I have the junkyard include the reverse adapter from Stock DE harness to the Stock OEM Nav (Clarion) unit. Otherwise I will have to get it from the dealer.

Bascially all car comes with stock OE harness that plug to the stock OE radio. It just a extra harness that plug into the nav unit or display radio in this case. This way there is no need to rewrite or hunt for a adapter.
    That's good to know - that I'm working from a level playing field. Unfortunately, there are not going to be any 2017 Mirages around. I've seen exactly one on the road in my area. Any chance you can confirm the correct part number?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any news on the reverse adapter? The junkyard who sold you the unit must have it,.. otherwise have to keep looking.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Any news on the reverse adapter? The junkyard who sold you the unit must have it,.. otherwise have to keep looking.
    I will start research on this and get back with you, it should be just plug and play if you have the harness....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Confirmed that this will work. Just did retrofit of 2017 deck into a 2015 RF edition with steering wheel controls and stock bluetooth.

Things you will absolutely need:
    1. 2017 radio with display audio with the metal brackets
    2. Console cover
    2. Harness that adapts stock harness to new radio 2017
    3. Mic from donor vehicle (I wasn't able to find this part number anywhere and stock mic from 2105 doesn't work with the new radio)
    4. Mini male USB to female USB type A cable( for attaching usb stick or normal USB cable) or ask the salvage yard to pull the USB cable for your.

Optional: GPS module from donor vehicle(not sure if this is absolutely necessary item as I think it only controls the time on the deck which you can also manually set)

Things confirmed working:
    1. Sound from 2017 deck is way better than stock deck.
    2. Steering controls work.
    3. Was able to use android auto to navigate.
    4. Bluetooth calling works (after figuring out that you would need to request the salvage yard to also send the mic) and also bluetooth media streaming works.
    5. USB media

TBD:
    Did not try reverse camera but imagine it to work if I installed one.
    Last edited by a17322a; 01-05-2018 at 11:11 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a17322a For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (09-26-2017),Cobrajet (09-26-2017),precisionxt (03-16-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you for the info! I am looking at using the double din from a junkyard 2017 into my base 2014 (with steering controls). I have a few questions for you and anyone else that has the info:

1) Which harness do I need specifically to make this work? Is there a plug and play available, or do I have to chop a few wires and tap them etc to make everthing work?
    2) Would the mic and usb connector cable from my car work on this 2017 unit? Do I anything new/extra to have my steering controls work?
    3) Anything else I can re-use from my car?

Thank you so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by a17322a View Post
    Confirmed that this will work. Just did retrofit of 2017 deck into a 2015 RF edition.

Things you will absolutely need:
    1. 2017 radio with display audio with the metal brackets
    2. Console cover
    2. Harness that adapts stock harness to new radio 2017
    3. Mic from donor vehicle (I wasn't able to find this part number anywhere and stock mic from 2105 doesn't work with the new radio)
    4. Mini male USB to female USB type A cable( for attaching usb stick or normal USB cable) or ask the salvage yard to pull the USB cable for your.

Optional: GPS module from donor vehicle(not sure if this is absolutely necessary item as I think it only controls the time on the deck which you can also manually set)

Things confirmed working:
    1. Sound from 2017 deck is way better than stock deck.
    2. Steering controls work.
    3. Was able to use android auto to navigate.
    4. Bluetooth calling works (after figuring out that you would need to request the salvage yard to also send the mic) and also bluetooth media streaming works.
    5. USB media

TBD:
    Did not try reverse camera but imagine it to work if I installed one.