Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Touch Screen Stereo --> 2015 Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post

So i would wait some time, until you find one at a junk yard, or some other place ..
    Even yards want big bucks for radios. Just switched from a (broken) 6 disc too a single CD in my other car for this very reason. $54 for a basic single disc, $300+ for the 6 disc!!! Can't imagine the cost of a NAV or Apple unitt!!!!

Crutchfield makes adaptors too keep or adapt steering wheel controls.

Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 07-18-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Even yards want big bucks for radios. Just switched from a (broken) 6 disc too a single CD in my other car for this very reason. $54 for a basic single disc, $300+ for the 6 disc!!! Can't imagine the cost of a NAV or Apple unitt!!!!

Crutchfield makes adaptors too keep or adapt steering wheel controls.
    True
    But everything is more expensive when it's new or when there is a market for it, and you can't buy the oem products from a other seller than the stealer ship..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to uheym For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (07-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Best bet is to wait for one show up in the junk yard.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Crutchfield makes adaptors too keep or adapt steering wheel controls.[/QUOTE]

I installed my single DIN Pioneer unit in my car with a ASWC-1 unit (one that Crutchfield said would work for my car) and it did not work. I have installed numerous stereo systems before, including ones with these type of units to keep SWC. Well.. I could get forward/back to work, but not on the designated buttons.. Tried updating the firmware and then it wouldn't work at all. I even contacted Axxess and they couldn't explain why it didn't work. I liked my Pioneer unit for ease of bluetooth connection compared with the standard Mirage deck (I flash my phone frequently, which requires repairing) and more RMS wattage so louder volume. The mirage has to be the weakest stock stereo I've ever heard. I put the stock deck back in, because I really like the SWC function. I have a 4 channel amp laying around, and I'll probably just install that with a Line out Converter eventually.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f0k4l View Post
    I installed my single DIN Pioneer unit in my car with a ASWC-1 unit (one that Crutchfield said would work for my car) and it did not work.
    I just had a new double-DIN Kenwood professionally installed yesterday. I told them that IF they could maintain my steering wheel controls, that would be great. If not, I wasn't going to lose any sleep over it. My new Kenwood is a touch-screen, but it has a volume knob which is great. The only thing I ever used the steering wheel controls for was picking up and hanging up the phone.

They ended up trying a couple of different steering wheel control interface devices and nothing worked. They said units that worked for Lancers would not work for the Mirage?!? They finally gave up because I told them I really didn't care either way.

The mirage has to be the weakest stock stereo I've ever heard.
    I think this is the first car I've had where I regularly drove around with the volume all the way up as the normal listening level.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Glad I found this forum! I just picked up a 2017 stock head unit - nav & Carplay, etc. I can tell you that the connections are NOT the same as what I've got in my 2015 Mirage with the base radio. I found a pinout for my 2015's connections here: http://audiowiringdiagram.com/car/20...olors-install/ but I am not sure it's quite right. It's actually really hard to find the pinouts online for the Mirage base radio! Next, I'm going to search around for the other vehicles use the 2017 head unit (Mits part number MZ360500EX), like the Lancer and Outlander to see what the pinouts for that unit are. Wish me luck; I will post if I find anything interesting!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etravian View Post
    Glad I found this forum! I just picked up a 2017 stock head unit - nav & Carplay, etc. I can tell you that the connections are NOT the same as what I've got in my 2015 Mirage with the base radio. I found a pinout for my 2015's connections here: http://audiowiringdiagram.com/car/20...olors-install/ but I am not sure it's quite right. It's actually really hard to find the pinouts online for the Mirage base radio! Next, I'm going to search around for the other vehicles use the 2017 head unit (Mits part number MZ360500EX), like the Lancer and Outlander to see what the pinouts for that unit are. Wish me luck; I will post if I find anything interesting!
    It won't plug and play, I got the Factory Nav from a 2015 to a 2014 DE and it does need a factory adapter.

Can you take a picture of the back of the 2017 radio and I can tell you what it need. Does the radio built by Clarion? Where you got the 2017 Radio and how much you pay may I ask?

Thanks

I did the conversion http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...trofit-into-DE

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Can you take a picture of the back of the 2017 radio and I can tell you what it need.
    This thread has pictures of the back of a 2017 radio and the connectors on a 2015 radio...

2017 OEM Radio on Ebay

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

That's the one! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    This thread has pictures of the back of a 2017 radio and the connectors on a 2015 radio...

2017 OEM Radio on Ebay
    Ha, that thread refers to the EXACT ebay listing I got my new radio from!

I look a couple closer-up pics of the individual connectors...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etravian For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-15-2017),MightyMirageMpg (03-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    It won't plug and play, I got the Factory Nav from a 2015 to a 2014 DE and it does need a factory adapter.

Can you take a picture of the back of the 2017 radio and I can tell you what it need. Does the radio built by Clarion? Where you got the 2017 Radio and how much you pay may I ask?

Thanks

I did the conversion http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...trofit-into-DE
    I posted the pics of the 2017 radio the other day. I've continued to look online for either the appropriate reverse adapter but to no avail. Is there a part number for it from mitsubishi? If this is a Clarion radio, perhaps someone has a part number for the radio itself so I can find out what the right wiring harness is so I can perhaps piggyback on the existing connector in the car?

I paid $200 for the new head unit, which as I understand it is also shared by the Lancer and the Outlander in various trim packages.