Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Touch Screen Stereo --> 2015 Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2017 Touch Screen Stereo --> 2015 Mirage?

I can't see a reason why not, but is there any reason why the new 2017 model stereo wouldn't fit in a 2014/2015?

I'm happy with the factory deck in my SE, but wouldn't mind Android Auto with touch screen, now offered in the 2017 SEL.

I could drop in an after-market deck, but it's much less likely to get stolen if it's a factory deck and I think it would look better.

I sat in a 2017 Mirage SEL and the stereo looked pretty nice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If it fits I would definitely install one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    If it fits I would definitely install one.
    Pretty much any Double DIN head unit will fit into the Mirage. Lots of after-market bezels available to change it over.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya, I didn't expect it not to fit, but it would be good to know if it's a complete drop in replacement utilizing the steering wheel controls and ceiling microphone.

It would also be nice to know if they can be found anywhere and if anyone has installed one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerAbuser View Post
    Ya, I didn't expect it not to fit, but it would be good to know if it's a complete drop in replacement utilizing the steering wheel controls and ceiling microphone.

It would also be nice to know if they can be found anywhere and if anyone has installed one.
    I'm also interested in the 2017 Mirage Android/iOS head-unit but for my i-MiEV. I have steering wheel controls and the ceiling microphone as well as a backup camera. I'm hoping it'll be plug and plug but I've yet to see the connectors for either head unit in my i-MiEV or the 17 Mirage. Maybe eventually a 17 Mirage owner can remove their unit so we can get the part number and pictures of the connectors involved. That would be greatly appreciated.

Currently, I'm using my factory navigation/GPS unit from Mitsubishi. From what I understand, the newer Android/iOS units do not have builtin navi/GPS functionality so it would not serve as a backup in the event your phone was unable to function as a primary or sole navi/GPS or unable to acquire a signal. This is something to be aware of.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hope it is a drop in replacement. No need the GPS antenna.. hopefully someone with a 17 with apple car play can show us the back of the radio

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Even with the 17+ radio there's a GPS antenna on the dash, dunno why lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If anyone could take a photo on the back of this new radio, that be nice... much appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    From what I understand, the newer Android/iOS units do not have builtin navi/GPS functionality.
    Highly doubt that Android Auto does not have GPS. It would be like an iphone without speaker.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It wouldn't have a GPS, the point of Android Auto is to use your phone for all navigation functionality.

Does anyone know where you can get a 2015 deck with navigation? I might be willing to forgo Android Auto if the price is right.