Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you getting out of a tank?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

What are you getting out of a tank?

Just curious to see what others are getting out of a tank.

I'm not getting anything over 300 miles Closest i got was 270 miles from the tank. Starting to wonder if something is wrong with my car.

No I'm not flooring it, usually drive with the ECO light on and between 2K-2800 rpms. Driving is usually a combination of city and highway. Even in the city the avg fuel economy I get is 24 mpg according to the gauge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The tank is just so small! 9 gallons total. Maybe 6-7 before you get down to the lower end of the fuel guage!

One thing I wish they would have changed was the fuel tank size. I would love to have a few more gallons maybe 11 to 12.

But dang 24mpg is low! I seem to get around 38mpg.
    Last edited by flotownj; 06-29-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    The tank is just so small! 9 gallons total. Maybe 6-7 before you get down to the lower end of the fuel guage!

One thing I wish they would have changed was the fuel tank size. I would love to have a few more gallons maybe 11 to 12.

But dang 24mpg is low! I seem to get around 38mpg.
    That's exactly what I mean, I'm not even getting any near close to what it's rated in the city.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post

I'm not getting anything over 300 miles Closest i got was 270 miles from the tank. Starting to wonder if something is wrong with my car.

No I'm not flooring it, usually drive with the ECO light on and between 2K-2800 rpms. Driving is usually a combination of city and highway. Even in the city the avg fuel economy I get is 24 mpg according to the gauge.
    That's really horrible mileage. I would have it checked. You can look at my fuel log and it's pretty consistent.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/em-fuel...vehicleid=7358

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What kind of driving do you do? What car did you have before and what kind of mileage did you get in it?

Do you do a lot of short trips, like start it up, drive two or three miles to work on 35-45 MPH roads, then a mile or two the grocery store after work and then back to the house? You will get bad mileage in any car in that scenario because it never really warms up and is running rich the whole time.

We do mostly in-town driving in ours, with a lot of traffic, but most drives are at least 10 miles, usually around 20 miles each way and sometimes turning around and coming right back after picking someone up. We get 35-38 MPG in traffic with the A/C cranked and low-mid 40s in the spring and fall when you don't have to use the A/C.

In town, try doing some mild hypermiling. If you see a stop sign or red light in the distance just lift off the accelerator and coast up to it as long as possible (without annoying people behind you). Leave it in gear and pretty much the entire time you are coasting it will not be using any gas.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post

So many variables. Lots of good questions have already been asked - it would be good to gather more info about your driving habits.

Once that is sorted out, then look at the car. These Mirages can get excellent fuel economy. I can't imagine many circumstances where these cars would fare so poorly.

Looking forward to reading more about this. Thanks for posting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

HitShane (06-30-2016)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I get at least 500 km out of a tank in heavy city traffic. Mine is a 5-speed manual. Not that I've filled up since I picked it up, I'm basing that off what I got on my last Mirage and what I seem to be getting so far on new one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    My driving is mostly suburban, and in the summer I get between 430 and 450 miles per tank. As has been said, lots of really short trips with stop-and-go driving will not allow the engine to warm up fully.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello iam getting 340 - 350 miles per tank a mix of driving conditions 50 mph roads 25 mph city streets trips 175 miles round trip and small 5 miles runs to town when I fill up there is usually one bar showing on the gas gauge and takes around 7 gallons 2017 mirage cvt red

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do a good bit of towing and still manage to squeeze 300-320 miles per tank.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 35.4 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)