Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaris shocks and springs?

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Yaris shocks and springs?

Hey everyone, I have an OEM set of yaris springs and rear shocks. Do you guys think this will fit the mirage? Im looking to stiffen it up but not lower it, was thinking it would be awesome if they would fit so I dont have to buy the VW set lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    measure them and tell us what you figure out. you want something about 12" long at rest and 2 1/8 pocket id, squared ends for the rear

the front are tangential. don't know leagth if your truly interested i can measure my factory ones next time get the chance.

honda fit springs fit but have the same jacking effect as vws. most likely you'll get a "popping" sound more often when going into parking lots, over bumps etc. it's the shock bottoming out on its bumper. just fyi.
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 06-30-2016 at 02:56 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Tangible? Help me out �� I'd like to know... if Yaris are close and stiffer, it might be worth the look.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    Tangible? Help me out �� I'd like to know... if Yaris are close and stiffer, it might be worth the look.
    Fit rear springs fit the Yaris so I would assume Yaris springs fit the Mirage, as for the rear shocks I had E46 shocks in the Yaris and since those can go on Mirages I assume those will fit too. The springs are thicker at a glance and the mounting looks similar, they will have heavier spring rates because the Yaris is heavier. The fronts are what concern me tbh, I dont know if those will fit and what they will do to height. Regardless yaris shocks are cheap $50 for a rear pair, I guess im going to be the guinea pig then. Im taking the car to get checked out at mitsu since we bought it used and then I will get at it. I will make sure to take plenty of pics for you guys

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Caramanos2000 For This Useful Post:

gone.a (07-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Tangential describes the ends of the springs. Basically a tangential spring looks like it was cut from the center of a bigger spring, or like the spring just keep going.

Look here for some pictures http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ng-install-DIY
    The second post, 2nd too last picture shows exactly what I mean

The Honda fit springs were perfect in stiffness but i really couldn't stand the bumps top issue. I have a pair I'll sell you for $5 plus shipping if your interested.

When you guys are swapping around shocks and springs etc keep in mind suspension droop. If you don't have a jounce (full droop) stop before the spring slacks your going to have a really bad day.

Koni makes (10 position?) adjustable for the Toyota echo. They are $90/ea and will bolt in minus the bumpstop issue, that may or may not be an actual problem. The good thing about the konis, they are liquid charged so the ride height doesn't matter. This is very important so they don't blow premature. (Read that straight face???? Lol)

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find a cut-a-strut from koni that would fit the frontb
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 06-30-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Guys, they fit perfectly and preserve stock height. They ride way better than the originals even with a 300lb friend in the back. I kept the stock shocks for now but if you wanted it stiffer, Yaris shocks would fit perfectly too.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Caramanos2000 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (07-01-2016),Eggman (07-02-2016),foama (06-13-2017),gone.a (07-01-2016),inuvik (07-01-2016),ISP_guy (08-07-2017),Littlestan (07-01-2016),Mirager (03-23-2017),mitsumi (07-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    If you have a pair of Yaris shocks available it would be great if you could install them and give a report on how it rides, problems, etc...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (07-01-2016),Eggman (07-02-2016),Littlestan (07-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If you have a pair of Yaris shocks available it would be great if you could install them and give a report on how it rides, problems, etc...
    Yes. I would like to know how they feel too!

What year of Yaris shocks and springs did you have?

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Yes. I would like to know how they feel too!

What year of Yaris shocks and springs did you have?
    Mine are 2013 but im pretty sure they are all identical and honestly it feels great with the stock shocks. When I pull the wheels off for paint I will put the yaris shocks in to test.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Curious if you measured ride height before and after? Looks the same but photos can be deceiving. How would you describe the ride? Is there much body roll? Also, did you install the front springs as well? Thanks.