Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Yaris shocks and springs?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    where are you all finding these for sale? i e found a few but around 100 a set. is this the going price?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tlstreak View Post
    where are you all finding these for sale? i e found a few but around 100 a set. is this the going price?
    https://www.ebay.com/i/162519454044?chn=ps&dispItem=1

for example

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I had a closer look at Yaris springs.
    For your information:

The rear springs of the Yaris P1 (1/99 to 12/05) seem to be the sort that fits the mirage, regardless of the size and type of engine of the Yaris they came from.

The rear springs of the Yaris XP9 (from 1/05 to 2011) are different, they are for a much heavier car, and have two turns more (total 8.75 turns) of 0.75mm thicker wire. They have the longest unweighted length of all three sorts of Yaris rear springs.

The rear springs of the Yaris XP13 are different again, the very little data I have concerning the XP13 suggests they probably are technically somewhere inbetween the P1 and the XP9. They are made of the same thickness wire as the P9 springs, but one half turn less. Unweighted length is about 10mm less than the P1 springs.

The front Yaris springs differ according to engine (engine weight) and are all no good for the Mirage, because of very much too big diameter.

All varieties of Yaris rear springs are linear except for XP13, which are progressive.
    The Mirage has progressive rear springs and linear in front, what makes the mirage bob up and down more in the rear.
    EIBACH rear lowering springs for Mirage are substantially firmer, ride about 2.5cm lower than OEM, reduce body roll quite a bit, and are also progressive.

The weight of the Mirage rear axle is rated at max weight 670kg.
    The rear axle of the Yaris P1 is rated at 755kg, the Yaris XP9 at 905kg, and the XP13 at 825kg.

According to Caramanos2000 who has rear 2013 Yaris springs, see this thread, post #9, they are a definite improvement.

It seems we need rear springs off the Yaris P1, built from 1/99 to 12/05. I assume the ride height to be OK, but I do not know. Maybe someone can tell us about that?
    Last edited by foama; 07-10-2017 at 01:44 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-13-2017),Eggman (06-12-2017),Fit (06-12-2017),gone.a (06-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Thanks foama. Would you please share your source for this information?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks foama. Would you please share your source for this information?
    Sources: Looking at actual cars, and concerning weights, Eibach parts catalogue, section springs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Great info Foama! Thanks.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Am having diffcultly to use 4823152f30 yaris spring 2013 spring, any one has used any other yaris spring that can be mounted to rear mirage so the original spring issue can be resolved?

Country
    Italy
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caramanos2000 View Post
    Fit rear springs fit the Yaris so I would assume Yaris springs fit the Mirage, as for the rear shocks I had E46 shocks in the Yaris and since those can go on Mirages I assume those will fit too. The springs are thicker at a glance and the mounting looks similar, they will have heavier spring rates because the Yaris is heavier. The fronts are what concern me tbh, I dont know if those will fit and what they will do to height. Regardless yaris shocks are cheap $50 for a rear pair, I guess im going to be the guinea pig then. Im taking the car to get checked out at mitsu since we bought it used and then I will get at it. I will make sure to take plenty of pics for you guys
    Did you have to change out the spring rubbers for the yaris set?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caramanos2000 View Post
    as for the rear shocks I had E46 shocks in the Yaris and since those can go on Mirages I assume those will fit too.
    Can anyone confirm this, I need to replace the rear shocks in my 2014 and it seems that KYB and Duralast have discontinued the shocks meant for the mirage, can't order them anywhere and production is indefinitely paused.

I'm looking at these :
    https://www.autozone.com/suspension-...352/727818_0_0

but if anyone has better suggestions I am open to them

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty_Biscuit View Post
    Can anyone confirm this, I need to replace the rear shocks in my 2014 and it seems that KYB and Duralast have discontinued the shocks meant for the mirage, can't order them anywhere and production is indefinitely paused.

I'm looking at these :
    https://www.autozone.com/suspension-...352/727818_0_0

but if anyone has better suggestions I am open to them
    You can still get the KYBs on RockAuto along with a couple new options that haven't been there previously...

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-19 141823.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  76.3 KB

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)