Thread: Yaris shocks and springs?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Tangential describes the ends of the springs. Basically a tangential spring looks like it was cut from the center of a bigger spring, or like the spring just keep going.

Look here for some pictures http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ng-install-DIY
    The second post, 2nd too last picture shows exactly what I mean

The Honda fit springs were perfect in stiffness but i really couldn't stand the bumps top issue. I have a pair I'll sell you for $5 plus shipping if your interested.

When you guys are swapping around shocks and springs etc keep in mind suspension droop. If you don't have a jounce (full droop) stop before the spring slacks your going to have a really bad day.

Koni makes (10 position?) adjustable for the Toyota echo. They are $90/ea and will bolt in minus the bumpstop issue, that may or may not be an actual problem. The good thing about the konis, they are liquid charged so the ride height doesn't matter. This is very important so they don't blow premature. (Read that straight face???? Lol)

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find a cut-a-strut from koni that would fit the frontb
    That's an awesome idea. Adjustable Koni's !!!... anyone have old struts that they can cut open and take measurements? I'd be willing to try the rears but I'm up here in Canada and the cost is a little too much just for an 'experiment'... I'd need a little more info if anyone tries them...
    Last edited by obrother; 07-12-2016 at 08:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to obrother For This Useful Post:

gone.a (07-13-2016)