Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloggers review the 2017 Mirage GT hatchback & G4 sedan CVT

Bloggers review the 2017 Mirage GT hatchback & G4 sedan CVT

Name:  Large_2017_MirageG4_2_8.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  79.7 KB

With the revised 2017 Mirage and new sedan now available in the States, Mitsu has been providing the car to "social media influencers".

Interesting: so far, I've seen more reviews of the 2017 model from bloggers & YouTubers (typically female) than from traditional auto-focused media.

Here are 3 I've seen recently:

---

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 - An Exercise in Frugality

Mirage G4 sedan (CVT)
    After having driven the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 I am convinced that it is a fantastic frugal choice for anyone looking for a dependable vehicle who doesn’t need or want all the over-the-top gadgets. I think its the perfect choice for your college-bound freshman, young family or anyone looking for a budget-friendly-yet-reliable car.
    http://anexerciseinfrugality.com/201...shi-mirage-g4/

---

MEET THE ALL NEW SMART & SOCIAL 2017 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE! - Simply Sassy Style

Mirage GT CVT
    One other thing that really stood out to me about the 2017 Mirage is that it is a total MAN MAGNET! LOL! No kidding...everywhere I went guys were all over the little cutie. I was really impressed! I think I got more cat calls in this one then in any of the souped up performance cars that I love. Mitsubishi I think you might be on to something here! LOL!
    http://www.simplysassystyle.com/2016...cial-2017.html

---

Driving the Mitsubishi Mirage - Nature Moms Blog

Mirage GT (CVT)

With a host of standard features, best-in-class fuel economy and a very affordable price, Mirage ES isn’t just a fun choice, it’s also a smart one.
    http://naturemoms.com/blog/2016/06/2...ubishi-mirage/

----

Mitsubishi Mirage GT: Go Big By Going Small

My boyfriend says it’s too small, but I disagree. The mirage also doesn’t feel small at all. It also fits everything my packrat heart could desire into it. Still surprisingly spacious. I think the Mirage fits me and you cannot be mad at the price point and gas mileage.
    http://riamichelle.com/mitsubishi-mirage-gt/

----
    NOTE: see below for more links to blog reviews as they come in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

An Exercise in Frugality (07-05-2016),Eggman (07-06-2016),mitsumi (07-07-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hey! Thanks for sharing my post about the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage (my link is the first one you quoted). I got to test drive it for a week and was thoroughly impressed with the gas mileage. I haven't driven an earlier model Mirage to compare to, but I did review a Lancer a few weeks ago and I think the Mirage stays true to its purpose where as the Lancer feels like its trying to be everything for everyone but falls a bit short. Also, the trunk feels HUGE compared to the size (but looks small from the outside).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to An Exercise in Frugality For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-06-2016),cyclopathic (07-21-2016),MetroMPG (07-05-2016)

Hi! Thanks for joining & sharing your experience with the car.

It seems tough to find reviewers who are able to keep an entry level car in context in their commentary. Too often it seems unfairly criticized, as if the reviewer just stepped out of the latest BMW and can't hit their personal "reset" button.

But "regular people" seem to provide more positive feedback about the car than the full-time auto reviewers do. That's probably why Mitsu is focusing on making the 2017 Mirages availble to bloggers earlier and more often than they did when the car went on sale in 2014.

And FYI, I think you'll find a lot of our members/owners here share your passion about positive personal finance habits.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-06-2016),mitsumi (07-07-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you!
    I only recently started reviewing cars on my blog (and its not the main focus as you can see, its just one of the things I wanted to cover). Admittedly I had to remind myself to hit that "personal reset button" especially since the first vehicle I was given to review was a Volvo XC90. Of course these vehicles are in totally different classes and price ranges so it wouldn't be fair to compare apples to oranges. I can see where people have a hard time switching gears so to speak, but in the interest of giving a fair and honest review, it's what we have to do.
    The marketing firm I partner with for all my car reviews (multiple manufacturers use them) specifically seeks out "regular people" because they feel that there are a lot of professional car folk that the average Joe can't relate to. Sadly you also get the other end of the spectrum where some influencers just post a picture of themselves in a cute outfit next to a shiny new car and call it a review.
    While I am certainly by no means a car expert, I do know a little bit (I once replaced the heater core on a 1990 Honda Accord by myself and I watch a lot of Top Gear lol) and so I thought I could help bridge the gap between the average consumer and the car enthusiasts. At least that's the hope
    I joined not only to say thanks for sharing my post, but also because I like to learn a bit about the cars that I have had the opportunity to do extended test drives for. So thanks for having me!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to An Exercise in Frugality For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-06-2016),Eggman (07-06-2016),inuvik (07-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by An Exercise in Frugality View Post
    While I am certainly by no means a car expert, I do know a little bit (I once replaced the heater core on a 1990 Honda Accord by myself and I watch a lot of Top Gear lol)
    Very cool! Respect for that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Exercise in Frugality View Post
    Thank you!
    I only recently started reviewing cars on my blog (and its not the main focus as you can see, its just one of the things I wanted to cover). Admittedly I had to remind myself to hit that "personal reset button" especially since the first vehicle I was given to review was a Volvo XC90. Of course these vehicles are in totally different classes and price ranges so it wouldn't be fair to compare apples to oranges. I can see where people have a hard time switching gears so to speak, but in the interest of giving a fair and honest review, it's what we have to do.
    The marketing firm I partner with for all my car reviews (multiple manufacturers use them) specifically seeks out "regular people" because they feel that there are a lot of professional car folk that the average Joe can't relate to. Sadly you also get the other end of the spectrum where some influencers just post a picture of themselves in a cute outfit next to a shiny new car and call it a review.
    While I am certainly by no means a car expert, I do know a little bit (I once replaced the heater core on a 1990 Honda Accord by myself and I watch a lot of Top Gear lol) and so I thought I could help bridge the gap between the average consumer and the car enthusiasts. At least that's the hope
    I joined not only to say thanks for sharing my post, but also because I like to learn a bit about the cars that I have had the opportunity to do extended test drives for. So thanks for having me!
    Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information about the Mirage/G4/Space Star here and it's truly a world wide forum with members from all the continents. So kick the tires and ask questions, somebody here will probably have the answer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information about the Mirage/G4/Space Star here and it's truly a world wide forum with members from all the continents. So kick the tires and ask questions, somebody here will probably have the answer.
    Thanks for the welcome! I have been poking around and checking out more info.

Added another blog review to the list in post #1.

http://riamichelle.com/mitsubishi-mirage-gt/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi! Thanks for joining & sharing your experience with the car.

It seems tough to find reviewers who are able to keep an entry level car in context in their commentary. Too often it seems unfairly criticized, as if the reviewer just stepped out of the latest BMW and can't hit their personal "reset" button.

But "regular people" seem to provide more positive feedback about the car than the full-time auto reviewers do. That's probably why Mitsu is focusing on making the 2017 Mirages availble to bloggers earlier and more often than they did when the car went on sale in 2014.

And FYI, I think you'll find a lot of our members/owners here share your passion about positive personal finance habits.
    The opinion of many professional reviewers is a byproduct of the environment they live in. When you get to drive multiple cars and you don't have to pay for them, their maintenance, repairs and gas, your point of view will be different to most of people who actually pay for cars, and especially of those who can barely afford to buy a car.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 07-21-2016 at 11:25 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

YouTube video review this time, from Crystal Vlogs & More:

I think pronouncing "Mitsubishi" right should be a requirement.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-25-2016),inuvik (07-25-2016),mitsumi (08-05-2016)