Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloggers review the 2017 Mirage GT hatchback & G4 sedan CVT

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    The opinion of many professional reviewers is a byproduct of the environment they live in. When you get to drive multiple cars and you don't have to pay for them, their maintenance, repairs and gas, your point of view will be different to most of people who actually pay for cars, and especially of those who can barely afford to buy a car.
    ^this is exactly why I wanted to get into reviewing cars. I'm by no means a professional, but I wanted to give an honest "lay-person" perspective. I personally drive a 2007 Mazda6 which I share with my husband because we can't afford two cars (bloggers don't make a glamorous living usually. lol) and so I thought there was a demand for real reviews from real people who do more than just pose in front of the car, or take a picture of an engagement ring-bedazzled, freshly manicured hand in front of the steering wheel.

I am glad to see that people are interested in reading non-professional reviews, though admittedly I have seen some that could stand to be a little more professional, if ya know what I mean.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to An Exercise in Frugality For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (08-09-2016),inuvik (07-26-2016)

^ I think the fact that Mitsubishi is distributing the car fairly widely to fashion & style bloggers tells us they are after exposure to certain demographics, rather than hard core reviews.

On first blush, with its excellent fuel economy and low price, you'd think they should also be sending the car to more personal finance bloggers ... until you realize many of them would probably say "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON BRAND NEW CARS!"

---

Another review popped up this week:

The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage GT Is Quirky & Fun With Improved Technology

From "Divas Drive in Heels: Haute Cars And Stylish Auto News - For Women, By Women!"

Much of it focuses on connecting the Apple car play phone pairing feature.

http://divasanddorks.com/divasdrivei...ed-technology/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ I think the fact that Mitsubishi is distributing the car fairly widely to fashion & style bloggers tells us they are after exposure to certain demographics, rather than hard core reviews.

On first blush, with its excellent fuel economy and low price, you'd think they should also be sending the car to more personal finance bloggers ... until you realize many of them would probably say "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON BRAND NEW CARS!"
    Well I'm a frugal lifestyle blogger and I blogged about it
    Actually though-for most of these reviews, Mitsubishi doesn't choose the bloggers. There's a marketing firm that I work with who deals with many manufacturers-I've reviewed a Volvo XC90, Mazda CX-5, Mazda3, Mitsubishi Lancer and of course the Mirage all arranged through the same firm. The contract I sign before receiving keys is from the manufacturer, and the car is insured/registered by the manufacturer, but the third party marketing firm handles the actual choosing of the bloggers. The manufacturer may have some input as to who they would like reviewing their cars, but for the most part I think the decision is made by the marketing firm.
    Truth be told, I am still kind of surprised how many fashion/beauty bloggers get chosen for car reviews simply because it's not really in their niche. Granted a Volvo XC90 is not necessarily a "frugal" car choice (so therefore why is a budget friendly blogger like myself writing about it?) but I researched it and compared to other SUV's in its class it actually was a better value for the price paid IF you are looking for a car at that price point.
    Long story not so short-I'm not actually sure how much say Mitsubishi has in what bloggers are chosen, but I do know most are not directly "given" cars by Mitsubishi, which might explain some of the choices in blogs.

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    YouTube video review this time, from Crystal Vlogs & More:

I think pronouncing "Mitsubishi" right should be a requirement.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrVx9v5eUw

Check out this link above. Best review on the Mirage G4 by Dave with Everyman Driver. He has an almost 9 minute and 6 minute video on youtube plus a typed detailed review on it and is very fair with the car.

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE Review by Dave with Everyman Driver. Click link above and check out his full detailed review and his 2 videos on it. Best review I have seen.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  92.9 KB

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrVx9v5eUw

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-05-2016)

Here's a new one:

Riding Around In Eco-Friendly Style: The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Review

Overall the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 offers an eco-friendly drive that offers superior fuel economy and super-low Greenhouse Gas Emissions making the Mirage G4 one of the top environmentally conscious gas-powered sedans in the industry and worth a second look
    http://divasanddorks.com/divasdrivei...age-g4-review/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)