Thread: 2014 Mirage ES Manual 52k miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2014 Mirage ES Manual 52k miles

Life has changed for the better and unfortunately that means somethings gotta go.

Because of a recent move closer to work and a strict need for a good truck (with room for the new member of the family), that means my best move is to sell the Mirage.

This car has easily been the nicest car I have ever owned. It has been the only new car I have ever purchased as well.

See my ad on craigslist if interested:
    Search "Mistubishi Mirage" in the St. Cloud or Minneapolis Minnesota Craigslist

Name:  NCM_0481.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  97.0 KB

Last edited by Skee-lo-Green; 08-11-2016 at 12:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Good luck with the sale. I hope everything works out for you.

PS: I just looked at the ad. I think your asking price is fair since you are including a set of snow tires, a set of new Bridgestone Potenzas, and Weathertech floor mats. I would suggest you highlight those items, and any other work you have done to distinguish this from new models. Also, have you considered posting your cost in purchasing those add-ons?

PPS: What happened to your skull shift knob?
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-16-2016 at 11:18 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The picture is lovely, where was it taken?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No offense, but I've seen a couple of Mirages for sale on here recently and feel the prices over too high. Here's why - I paid 10,500 plus fees for my new 2015 Mirage ES manual. MSRP was 15500. When buying or selling, I use Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds as data points. A check of the 2014 Mirage ES manual with in the 'clean' condition is $5900 for a private party sale. Expecting anywhere near that may be unrealistic. I own a Mirage and hope I am wrong because someday I will also need to sell, but my experience selling even high demand, late model used cars (Honda Fit, etc) is that they do not sell easily even at KBB and Edmunds private party prices. The add ons like floor mats, tinted windows, trailer hitches, extra tires on rims etc. won't justify 2K over KBB private price. Unfortunately, our little Mitsubishi does not retain value well. Which is why so many of us purchased it new at such a large discount.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The picture was taken on the "Going to the sun road" in Glacier National Park.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    No offense, but I've seen a couple of Mirages for sale on here recently and feel the prices over too high. Here's why - I paid 10,500 plus fees for my new 2015 Mirage ES manual. MSRP was 15500. When buying or selling, I use Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds as data points. A check of the 2014 Mirage ES manual with in the 'clean' condition is $5900 for a private party sale. Expecting anywhere near that may be unrealistic. I own a Mirage and hope I am wrong because someday I will also need to sell, but my experience selling even high demand, late model used cars (Honda Fit, etc) is that they do not sell easily even at KBB and Edmunds private party prices. The add ons like floor mats, tinted windows, trailer hitches, extra tires on rims etc. won't justify 2K over KBB private price. Unfortunately, our little Mitsubishi does not retain value well. Which is why so many of us purchased it new at such a large discount.
    As for my asking price, I priced it base on private party value for my area on KBB. I agree these things don't retain value but I have to start somewhere and It may give me a little wiggle room.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Good luck with the sale. I hope everything works out for you.

PS: I just looked at the ad. I think your asking price is fair since you are including a set of snow tires, a set of new Bridgestone Potenzas, and Weathertech floor mats. I would suggest you highlight those items, and any other work you have done to distinguish this from new models. Also, have you considered posting your cost in purchasing those add-ons?

PPS: What happened to your skull shift knob?
    Thanks for encouragement. I will definitely take your advice on highlighting those items in my ad.

The shift knob came off for the sale. I wanted to keep that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Current asking price is $6980 with winter rim/tire package