Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Link System | Fuse | HFM (Hands Free Module) - Software Update

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you!! Did you notice improvements in any other aspects of the system. I have 2 big beefs with it. First, when playing Waze navigation, it beeps every time a direction is played, so most directions are partially cut off by the beep. Second, when turning the wheel a lot, as in parking or u-turns, the button is hit pressed and the link system starts talking until the hang up button is pressed. I doubt the latter would improve with an upgrade, but maybe the annoying beep-over navigation prompts would be fixed. Link system is one of the worst I've used - so bad, I almost wish the car wasn't equipped with it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I have the same problems with the hands-free buttons on the steering wheel but I seem to have learned to avoid it. Also, I have noticed a lag in bluetooth and I wonder if that is just because I am playing files off my USB drive while using my phone via bluetooth for navigation. I'm considering giving software version 18 a try one of these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Sweden
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    Thank you!! Did you notice improvements in any other aspects of the system. I have 2 big beefs with it. First, when playing Waze navigation, it beeps every time a direction is played, so most directions are partially cut off by the beep.
    When using my iPhone with Waze I do experience still the same problem of lossing (cut off) the first part of the sentence.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anog View Post
    Glad to hear you got this figured out. If you ever get your hands on a USB 3.0 flash drive, let us know if it improves the load time any further.
    I haven't checked use with a USB 3.0 device yet, but I found the Mirage USB port is not version 3.0. Compare it to the pictures at the Wikipedia entry and you'll see what I mean.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamadite View Post
    When using my iPhone with Waze I do experience still the same problem of lossing (cut off) the first part of the sentence.
    Waze works great with my android device. Haven't done the update yet. Waze is excellent!!

Country
    Turkey
    Thanks
    Hi. It has been a long time since the thread was opened but I need to ask a crucial question:

My 2015 Mirage (it is called "Attrage" here) has a Blaupunkt 530 series stereo with navigation. I tried to upgrade the stereo software, but I think I deleted the Link-System software by mistake with the upgrade. The speech button on the steering wheel is not working now. Besides, when I apply the button configuration pushing the hang-up button two times for two seconds and one time briefly, it says nothing! Is it possible to get it back? Does the upgrade explained here work for my case? Thanks in advance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by salamonella View Post
    Hi. It has been a long time since the thread was opened but I need to ask a crucial question:

My 2015 Mirage (it is called "Attrage" here) has a Blaupunkt 530 series stereo with navigation. I tried to upgrade the stereo software, but I think I deleted the Link-System software by mistake with the upgrade. The speech button on the steering wheel is not working now. Besides, when I apply the button configuration pushing the hang-up button two times for two seconds and one time briefly, it says nothing! Is it possible to get it back? Does the upgrade explained here work for my case? Thanks in advance.
    Hello salamonella and welcome to the forum.

1. The Link System is a separate system from the radio that interacts with the vehicle operator through voice commands or with button inputs on either the radio or the steering wheel.

2. The steering wheel buttons are configured to the factory radio. Any aftermarket radio installed will need either programming to recognize the steering wheel buttons or use an adapter box of some sort that can translate the buttons for the new radio.

Hope that helps answer your questions.