Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mirage here now in Australia.

Looks like that may be a "warm" air intake too - if that's what I'm seeing to the left side of the intake manifold. Or maybe that lines up directly with the opening in the upper grille.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That would have to be a warm air intake as that air intake is behind the grill block come radiator just were they join up. There is a grill block that runs up the right hand side and blocks both lower and upper openings in the gap that the radiator does not use as it sits to the left side.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    May not very much of a warm air intake as the LS i looked at today does not have the top right side grill opening blocked off. I thought it was on the LS Sport but have second thoughts about that now. Still think it will pick up some warm air from the radiator.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Test drive is booked in for 10am tomorrow

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Excellent! Have fun. Don't forget to note the all-important plastic hardness!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    HaHa

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Well i had my first drive of the Mirage an LS manual. Motor sounds good not noisy at 100klm so thats great.There is still a bit of road noise evan with our extra sound insulation in the Oz spec cars. We had a lot of cross winds when i drove the car and it was realy good in this regard not much getting blown around at all. Seems to perform well, brakes seem good, steering is rather lifeless. Wish the rev cut was about 1000rpm higher as the engine realy seems to get going than it just stops so quick grab a higher gear.

The fuel economy was not real good avg about 6.4l/100klm i reset it on the highway doing 100klm/h and got 6l/100klm this is indicated on the dash readout. I don't know what tyre pressures were like and the car had only 33klm on it so hope they get better with some run in use temps were around 17 deg c.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

Alpha_One (01-24-2013),MetroMPG (01-24-2013)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    From looking at the tailgates they look different at the top between ones fitted with the aero spoiler and the ones without looks like you can not just fit an aero rear spoiler to a non aero spoiler car. That might explain why they offer the sports rear spoiler as the upswept design will clear the stop light and rear washer spray nozel.

Jamie - hope you don't mind, I copied your post about the test drive over to the owner/member review section as well (formatted it a bit as well: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...age-LS-5-speed

---

About those roof spoilers: Which cars in the lineup get the aero spoiler as standard equipment? And the others have no rear spoiler at all?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thats good Metro better then how i posted it.

The ES has no rear spoiler the ES Sport and LS both have the aero rear spoiler as standed here in Oz.