Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mirage here now in Australia.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Mirage here now in Australia.

I just got of the phone talking with Mitsubishi Aus customer service asked them when the Mirage will be on sale they said end of January. Asked them also for the fuel economy ratings and could only give me the combined rating that we allready know. They said i should ring the local dealer as they may have more info as there the ones selling there cars.

I called one of my local dealers asked if they know when the Mirage will be in stock and to my suprise she said we should have some delivered later today And they still only have the combined economy rating. Now in Aus they are not ment to display a new car without its fuel rating sticker so i might call them back by tomorrow and ask them what the sticker on there says. Anyway evan better news i was told the price will be $12990 drive away for the manual ES and that if the car was ordered and delivered by the end of Febuary there was a $1000 voucher for Westfield shooping centres and becouse we don't have any of those here in the state Tasmania they will just give us the $1000 off the price so that makes it $11990 drive away problem is i am so tempted to get one now.

Last edited by jamiec; 01-15-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Wow, thats great news Jamiec. Keep us updated!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

jamiec (01-15-2013)

Subscribed - watching for updates!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I have just got an email from a local Mitsu dealer they have got there first Mirage in today it is an LS manual only problem is they say it can't be driven until 22nd Jan as this is the cars official release date here in Australia.
    This is the first time i have heard of the official date of release. Now we know what is going on

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I went to a Mitsu dealer today on my way to a friends for lunch. They had a Mirage there just the one in blue an ES sport manual. Still not abel to test drive them yet and the dealers are not alowed to either until 22nd January. This car has been sold including 4 others that have been ordered and deposits payed so they have sold 5 Mirage allready thats a great start i think considering no test drives yet.No exterior pics we have all seen that before.

I liked the car i think it looks rather good in person.

Some pics

Notice the lack of paint under the bonnet or hood for the American's it is like that around all the
    engine bay.

No under body aero paneling except the little bit under the front bumper.
    Thought i had heard there was underbody panels maybe only on some models or other markets etc.
    Last edited by jamiec; 01-19-2013 at 08:31 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-19-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey, nice pics! Thanks for snapping some for us.

The paint thing must be a cost reduction. Works for me, the underside of my hood doesn't have to be painted all perfectly.

The interior looks pretty nice too. I had read that it wasn't that great, but it looks nice to me.

What were your initial thoughts Jamiec?
    Last edited by Daox; 01-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Yup, thanks for the pics.

So you've booked yourself a test drive? Is the dealer close to where you live?

There's actually no dealer in the small city I (usually) live in. Nearest Mitsu store is 85 km / ~53 mi away. (What about you, Tim?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Just to clarify, the ES Sport is the top of the Australian line? Then ES in the middle, and LS is entry-level?

It seems really well equipped, the one you saw.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't have to travel too far. The Mitsu US site says the closest one is 14 miles away.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    The lack of paint in the engine bay is not a big deal just not used to seeing cars like that it still has paint on it so its not going to go rusty.

I realy liked the interior much better then i thought it was going to be

There is lots of room in the front with a huge amout of adjustability of the front seats very surprised about that i am just under 6 ft tall. The back seats are ok but my head was almost touching the roof still been in worse.
    This car had the rear spoiler that continues and lowers the roof line and it does not realy protrude into the rear vision at all. The sound system did sound rather good to.

The engine etc looks to be easy to get to as in there is actualy some room in there to get to things much better then a lot of cars i have seen over the last few years.

No test drive booked yet as the car there is sold and they are waiting for more to come in and will let me know when they have one for test drives.This dealer is the second closest to me at 150 klm away the closest is 115 klm away the next is 250 klm. I live in a state of Oz that has around 500000 peaple and is an island of the mainland of Oz we have 4 Mitsu dealers here not to bad i guess.

Metro the ES is the basic ES sport is next then the LS is top of the range. The only extras on the ES sport over the ES is it has 14in mags instead of 14in steels the rear spoiler two extra speakers and door sash bleckouts.