Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I sold my Mirage and the reason why

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My dealership was tom Massano in reading Pennsylvania. They had new management take over and it did not improve. They called me several times when I rated them bad begging me to change the rating. I refused, they said its up to Mitsubishi to honor the warranty, I said well Mitsubishi is causing a bad dealership experience

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    That's dreadful. I would be writing bad reviews on them every chance I get.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Damn that sucks man, like my old financial accounting instructor said "number one priority of a insurance company is to sell you insurance, and the second priority is to deny claims."
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-16-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Bad dealership for sure...
    My experience makes me want another.
    Went to my dealer just yesterday to hash out buying another one and passing my 2014 to one of the kids.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-17-2016),Eggman (08-16-2016),MetroMPG (08-16-2016),poorman1 (08-16-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    It's a shame that the manufacturer and dealership successfully chased you out of a car you otherwise liked.
    Agreed - it's a shame some people who had the rear axle problem have had great service, while others got grief. A lot seems to come down to the individual dealerships, and with Mitsu having relatively few compared to other brands, it's not as easy to switch if you aren't happy.

Sorry to see you go, 91cavgt! It always sucks to lose a good member.

Better luck with your next car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ...A lot seems to come down to the individual dealerships...
    My selling dealership (300 miles away) bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. They were doing everything to make sure I gave them the highest rating after the sale. Even my local dealer sends me surveys after we've had my wife's eclipse worked on. And they are always asking me what they have to do to get me to give them 5-star rankings. At least some stores are going out of their way not to piss off current customers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-17-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Doh, sorry to hear of your story and definitely sorry to see you go. You're a great member! Thanks for sharing your woes though. I'm sure it'll help people out.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2016 Chevy Spark is a very worthy replacement/substitute for the Mirage. Benefits: they are pricing them very aggressively, Chevy dealer network is strong, MPG is close to the Mirage but you have 4 cyl and 20 extra horse power and it has standard apple carplay/android auto, 10 airbags and it handles and drives well. The manual is very enjoyable. Many dealers in the USA have a price leader LS trim discounted to $9,999.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    2016 Chevy Spark is a very worthy replacement/substitute for the Mirage. Benefits: they are pricing them very aggressively, Chevy dealer network is strong, MPG is close to the Mirage but you have 4 cyl and 20 extra horse power and it has standard apple carplay/android auto, 10 airbags and it handles and drives well. The manual is very enjoyable. Many dealers in the USA have a price leader LS trim discounted to $9,999.
    Looks like there are still problems going on with the Spark, at least judging from the posts over in their forums, and the '16 is too new to judge yet, especially since it's a new revision/generation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Looks like there are still problems going on with the Spark, at least judging from the posts over in their forums, and the '16 is too new to judge yet, especially since it's a new revision/generation.
    Old sparks did have some issues, yes, I havent heard of any issues with the 2016 model which has been out for nearly 1 year. Time will tell, as with the Mirage, problems are ocuring over time as people use them. I didnt expect the Mirage to have any issues but it does... All cars have some issues, but if a company isnt willing to honor the warranty then it is time to move on. You can have the longest warranty out there but if you deny claims then what good is it? Ive owned 3 Mitsubishi's and still am a fan. Hopefully the 2017 Mirage will have less problems.