Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I test drove a Scion iA...wow!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Iwanta - you are wise to drive all the choices and see which one feels best. I assume when you talk about attributes of the Mirage, you are talking about the 2017 which supposedly has addressed some of the handling / steering issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranny For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    Iwanta - you are wise to drive all the choices and see which one feels best. I assume when you talk about attributes of the Mirage, you are talking about the 2017 which supposedly has addressed some of the handling / steering issues.
    Yes I drove the 2017 Mirage. It is better than the 2015 for sure. But try finding an SE with a manual transmission...so far I havent been able to. Id like an orange 2015 manual Se hatchback. Apparently they dont exist.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not to be a negative Nancy, but if the warranty is one of the big things pushing you to the Mirage, don't get your hopes up. Read on here about what a nightmare it is to get Mitsu to actually use it. It's truly awful, and I had what would be considered a smooth rear axle replacement process.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (08-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    ...try finding an SE with a manual transmission...so far I havent been able to. Id like an orange 2015 manual Se hatchback..
    I can point you to a Mitsubishi dealer in western PA that might be able to help you find something. The Mitsubishi guy there was ordering the Rockford Fosgate models when nobody knew what they were. I drove 600 miles round-trip to buy my car from them (Colonial Mitsubishi in Indiana, PA).

There's also a guy on this forum who works at a Mitsubishi store. He did some nationwide searches for me to tell me where all the white 2015 ES 5-speeds in the country were. At the time I was looking, there were less than 5 left in the entire country.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (08-31-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I can point you to a Mitsubishi dealer in western PA that might be able to help you find something. The Mitsubishi guy there was ordering the Rockford Fosgate models when nobody knew what they were. I drove 600 miles round-trip to buy my car from them (Colonial Mitsubishi in Indiana, PA).

There's also a guy on this forum who works at a Mitsubishi store. He did some nationwide searches for me to tell me where all the white 2015 ES 5-speeds in the country were. At the time I was looking, there were less than 5 left in the entire country.
    Thank you! I will look at Colonials website.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Thank you! I will look at Colonials website.
    It doesn't look like they have much right now. Email Chad Segner (csegner@colonialmotormart.motosnap.com) and see what he can find. They do some trading with other dealers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Yes I drove the 2017 Mirage. It is better than the 2015 for sure. But try finding an SE with a manual transmission...so far I havent been able to. Id like an orange 2015 manual Se hatchback. Apparently they dont exist.
    Here's one for ya

http://www.gladstonemitsubishi.com/n...2A3HJ7HH006480

The dealer website says it's a automatic, window sticker states it's a 5 speed

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/fil...2A3HJ7HH006480

No sales tax in Oregon either. Fly out, drive it home to PA.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Here's one for ya

http://www.gladstonemitsubishi.com/n...2A3HJ7HH006480

The dealer website says it's a automatic, window sticker states it's a 5 speed

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/fil...2A3HJ7HH006480

No sales tax in Oregon either. Fly out, drive it home to PA.
    Thanks but those arent SE's I want the apple car play...and no Id never fly to Oregon and drive 3000 miles back.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Well, there is at least one!

http://bakersfieldmitsubishi.com/NewMitsubishiCars/2017-Mitsubishi-Mirage-Bakersfield-NDVOSidXdEKNvW5vCNRTiQ?
    Page=2&Year=2017&Model=Mirage&Trim=SE

Window sticker:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/fil...2A4HJ1HH010854

They don't have any pics but it is a Sunrise Orange SE with a 5 speed. Plus it has the Rockford Fosgate Amp & Subwoofer upgrade.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If it wasnt 3,000 miles away Id be interested.