Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I test drove a Scion iA...wow!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    In the city the Jetta is getting average 37 when I'm averaging 40 and on the highway I'm doing 45 and he gets 42. He also has wider tires which can cause the mirage to get closer to 43 highway.
    That is amazing for such a heavy and turbo'ed car! Im guessing it is a manual transmission Jetta.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw a remark about a sub-15K Jetta 1.4 and asked where that was found. No response, so I checked Edmunds. The least expensive TMV price I found was 17.9K - considerably more than the Mirage. And nearby inventory showed none of those bare bones cars. Where, besides cars.com and thousands of miles away from a major city would those 13K, stripped Jettas be? Despite the niggling stories of reliability issues, I still think VW makes a very nice, substantial car. But the customer has to pay for that substance. I've seen cheap VW's in china and they looked every bit as flimsy as a 90's economy car - not at all VW-like. But unless there's something I haven't seen in the US yet, our VW's are all pretty solid looking. Pity that company blew it with the diesel cheating. They make a nice, upscale small car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    I saw a remark about a sub-15K Jetta 1.4 and asked where that was found. No response, so I checked Edmunds. The least expensive TMV price I found was 17.9K - considerably more than the Mirage. And nearby inventory showed none of those bare bones cars. Where, besides cars.com and thousands of miles away from a major city would those 13K, stripped Jettas be? Despite the niggling stories of reliability issues, I still think VW makes a very nice, substantial car. But the customer has to pay for that substance. I've seen cheap VW's in china and they looked every bit as flimsy as a 90's economy car - not at all VW-like. But unless there's something I haven't seen in the US yet, our VW's are all pretty solid looking. Pity that company blew it with the diesel cheating. They make a nice, upscale small car.
    Hi Ranny, the VW dealer near me has several base Jetta 1.4's here is one with the tech package for $15,400
    http://www.cioccavolkswagen.com/Vehi...-PA/2788029723

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ive been researching the Jetta 1.4T and it looks like a good car. Owners are saying it gets above 40mpg, is rather peppy/quick and is comfy and holds a ton of cargo. Ive found them in the low 15's. Tough tough decision, so many good small cars out there. However, I still think the G4 is the best looking small sedan... especially with the dark grey alloys.