Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much can the mirage actually haul?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also the real issue with towing with the mirage isn't the pulling of weight... it's when the weight pushes or tries to pull the mirage, the back end is light and the low rolling resistance tires don't offer any grip, the mirage can easily be pushed sideways when braking or trailer sway. The mirage brakes with 2,000lbs are better than most half ton trucks pulling 6,000lbs but for downhill grades 7% or higher you need to be cresting the hill at about 30mph and working her down slowly. Mirages brakes don't perform well in repeat high stress/heat situations so you have sufficient stopping power yet downhill the brakes will fade quickly if you don't know what your doing.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldn't want to even try pulling a big seadoo out of the water especially on a wet steep launch. Might be very embarrassing not being able to get it out lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (11-06-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We have made three trips now towing and launching our 12' aluminum Jon boat with outboard, gear and steel trailer. It does fine. Gets about 35mpg still in flat Florida.

Name:  IMG_20211116_164100705_HDR.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  97.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
    I've put upwards of 1000 pounds of tools and parts in my mirage not including myself but mines a manual and I can say it had enough power but the cvt isn't as strong. If you're only on level ground it might not be an issue but hills would worry me. That being said I plan on dragging around a 1500 pound trailer with mine but again the manual trans will hold up better though the clutch might not I'll find out for myself.
    Just curious when you see how much something weighs that you're going to tow do you use the dry weight or the hitch way? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but