Hey folks. I wanted to throw out a few questions here on the Mirage forum regarding a car my wife is looking to purchase, a 2016 Malibu hybrid. People on this forum seem far more knowledgeable about cars than those on the Malibu forum, so I'm going to throw out these questions here.

My wife is dead set on the Mailbu hybrid, so which car we are actually purchasing is not up for discussion. (I'd rather her get a Volt). We are now at the point in the purchase where we have already visited the dealer and discussed the purchase with them. After some internet searching my wife found the exact car she wants, with the exact options, for a seemingly too low price, $25,817, which is nearly 5000 dollars off the MSRP of 30,735.

When we told the car dealer here about this car, they happily agreed to match the price if they could get the car, which is only about 100 miles away. They were saying something about 16 percent, meaning there is a 16 percent factory incentive on this car. I have googled this to death and can find nothing about any factory to dealer incentives on this car.

After my last car buying experience, in which I literally had to sue my local Mitsubishi dealer, I am extremely untrusting of car dealerships. I now am curious if this deal is the best that I can get, or if there is an even better factory incentive. Should I ask them to take more off the price or jump on this deal while it lasts?

Thanks!

Rapid Rick