Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage GT (CVT) vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0T (5spd) - DetroitNews.com

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Apparently, 'interstate speed' in Detroit is 90 mph! No wonder he had it floored and only got 30 mpg.

It still amazes me that so few supposedly professional reviewers know what a 'city car' is.
    Yeah, that might be a max, but not the norm. I go to detroit all the time. The highways have max and min speeds and truck lanes with truck speeds so you can always pass. And even then the max is often 65.

If he reviewed it in the cold and drove it a short distance, I could see the mileage appearing terrible, but that's about it.

I never did go try the 1.0L Fiestas that the local dealer supposedly had.

Still wouldn't mind doing it.

But with so few 1.0L Fords available in general, it's kind of a pointless comparison.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Yaris iA has it, and its useless unless on flat land, the mirage needs a taller gear in 5th by 10 percent

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why does every single review of the Mirage feature the CVT? I've still not driven a CVT mirage, but based on a friend's CVT Versa I imagine the CVT Mirage is terrible, as far as acceleration goes. In town when I come across another Mirage, it's typically an auto, and I can leave it in the dust without even trying.

Maybe if more auto reviewers weren't limp wristed little momma's boys, we could get a test of a 5 speed mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    Why does every single review of the Mirage feature the CVT? I've still not driven a CVT mirage, but based on a friend's CVT Versa I imagine the CVT Mirage is terrible, as far as acceleration goes. In town when I come across another Mirage, it's typically an auto, and I can leave it in the dust without even trying.

Maybe if more auto reviewers weren't limp wristed little momma's boys, we could get a test of a 5 speed mirage.
    Because that's what Mitsubishi North America provides all the reviewers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Believe it or not, 2 of the most favourable U.S. reviews of the 2014 Mirage were of the 5-speed version. Coincidence?

Jeff Glucker's Autobytel review:
    US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage video review by Jeff Glucker / Autobytel

Jason Torchinsky's Jalopnik review:

US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage: The Jalopnik Review (jalopnik.com)

Torchinsky doesn't give the car a great score (50%), but has gone on to repeatedly defend it since then. Not because it's a great car, but because it's an unpretentious cheap econobox that delivers what it promises.

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Because that's what Mitsubishi North America provides all the reviewers.
    Last year I was emailing back & forth with Mitsu USA about getting a 2017 Mirage for Tim to drive (didn't happen), and I suggested they should only provide base manual Mirages to reviewers. He thought I was kidding.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)