Thread: Solid Mirage G4 (CVT) review - CleanFleetReport

Solid Mirage G4 (CVT) review - CleanFleetReport

Name:  CleanFleetLogo1.png
Views: 252
Size:  7.3 KB

Name:  2017_mirage_g4_se_hr_25_720.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  65.0 KB

This is a very solid and comprehensive review of the G4 sedan, from the angle of "what kind of car might you consider as a part of a 2-car (EV + regular car) fleet".

Shocker: he evaluates the car EXACTLY in the context it was designed for, and even acknowledges the disconnect between many of the "professional" reviewers' opinions vs. reviews of the car posted by owners.

Auto reviewers have penned some harsh criticisms regarding the Mirage G4’s underpowered engine and its ride and handling, along with what many consider a “cheap” interior.
    Contrary to that, Mirage owner reviews are quite positive. Out of the fifteen or so owner comments I read, nearly all mentioned great fuel economy, some in the 50-plus mpg range. A couple of owners said the car was sort of fun to drive.
    The sedan doesn't escape criticism (droning CVT drivetrain under high loads; suspension isn't great). But he is able to see the positives that lead many people to actually put down their own money for one.

Read the review:
    http://www.cleanfleetreport.com/gara...shi-mirage-g4/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-19-2016),inuvik (09-19-2016),mitsumi (09-29-2016)

The Mirage would make a great companion to my i-MiEV. Nice review!