Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a 2017 Mirage G4 SE [US]

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Bought a 2017 Mirage G4 SE [US]

Been waiting to get a Mirage since the beginning and finally got one yesterday. Bought a white 2017 Mirage G4 SE. I was really on the fence about the hatchback or sedan decision but when it came down too it, the hatchbacks arent really in stock at the moment and the sedan was the only readily avalible option. I did choose to go with the SE over the ES because frankly, wheels and door panels go a long way when it comes to the look and feel of a car.

I'll post some pictures as soon as we get some clear weather.

The only thing left for me to figure out is how I'm going to bolt my FP HTA86BB Turbo up too this 1.2L. Because having a turbo that can hold more litres then the motor it's bolted too, just seems like the way to go about this. J/k :P

Last edited by live4redline; 09-22-2016 at 06:26 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Congrats! Be sure to post up those pics!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Sweet! Looking forward to getting feedback on the G4.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

This is going to be fun. Congrats!

5 speed, I assume...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did you get it at Hyman Brothers? My daughter bought a 16 Outlander SEL there last month. I haven't seen any hatches there yet. There are some at Shirley Slack up my way.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ya, I got it at Hyman Brothers Mitsubishi at 11650 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23113. They were great to work with on purchaseing the car. It was an A+ experience.

They just got one hatchback in but it's the purple color which I am not too interested in. I will honestly say that the wife and I both almost tossed the Mirage idea out the window in exchange for buying one of the new Outlanders. I would say the 2017 Outlander is the first vehicle that has tempted me to trade up my 3.8L 2005 Montero Limited. Both the Sport and full size were really nice.

But so far I'm really enjoying the G4. I have 110 miles on it and the fuel level hasn't dropped from full yet. So either the gauge is broken or #badass. Surprisingly the car has more pick-up and go then I originally thought and I keep finding my self having to back up off the accelerator rather quickly once it gets moving.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Surprisingly the car has more pick-up and go then I originally thought and I keep finding my self having to back up off the accelerator rather quickly once it gets moving.[/QUOTE]

Very good to know.
    I worked everything out via email & phone for my daughter prior to going down there. Very easy process, and no high pressure sales job when we got there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woohoo, congrats on finally picking up a Mirage!

I look forward to your turbo build thread, haha.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It be nice to see the picture...! Is it white interior?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ya, I'm slacking on the pictures. I got the White car with the light grey interior and two tone door panels. The light grey is damn near white. I would best describe it as a level of white right before it starts to glow or shine. It looks really good but honestly, I really just wanted the two tone door pannels.