Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live4Redlines ECU Tuning Attempt (Work in Progress)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was just informed that mazdaedit probably won't interface with it anyways. unless the dev (epifan) was willing to let you experiment with a free copy it's probably be a waste of $

Thanks for being a pioneer on this, live4redline.

My heart skipped a beat when I read your "bricked!" post.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Watching with much interest.

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for being a pioneer on this, live4redline.

My heart skipped a beat when I read your "bricked!" post.
    My heart skipped a beat when it happened also. Then again when I had to walk in the house to tell the wife what I had done, lol. Thank goodness for small miracles though.

As progress goes... I am continuing to make progress but I'm lacking a particular set of software to make it a lot easier. The software runs for a couple thousand dollars (US) so unless we take up a collection or I come into a bunch of money, I'm stuck trying to do it the old fashioned way.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    My heart skipped a beat when it happened also. Then again when I had to walk in the house to tell the wife what I had done, lol. Thank goodness for small miracles though.

As progress goes... I am continuing to make progress but I'm lacking a particular set of software to make it a lot easier. The software runs for a couple thousand dollars (US) so unless we take up a collection or I come into a bunch of money, I'm stuck trying to do it the old fashioned way.
    Just download a copy like everyone else would do.... you arent going to be selling anything you create by using it, so i personally dont see the harm. I remember the old floppy disk days, youd get the full program but it would be locked out by a code, once you had the code you already had the full program so people would just share codes. Plus, besides me suggesting it, who would know?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    Plus, besides me suggesting it, who would know?
    That's an interesting point, namco. I had thought Mitsubishi kept track of each vehicle's configuration and what modifications the dealer network does to each one. Changes would be easy to detect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's an interesting point, namco. I had thought Mitsubishi kept track of each vehicle's configuration and what modifications the dealer network does to each one. Changes would be easy to detect.
    Sure, the changes would be easy to see, but you'd still be able to.....

On that note, before my injury I planned to turbo my 2015 mirage. I had everything planned out but now I am unable to walk, which sucks because that also means I can't drive. Hoping rehab gets my legs back. ANYWAY, I contacted HALTECH and they recommended their ELITE 1500 ecu which will run along side the stock ECU to retain functionality. So IF you had to go to dealer for warranty, you unplug the ELITE 1500 and run the stock ECU no sweat. Also uninstalling any turbo parts XD. But you get the point. This was originally my plan because at the time of mental conception no one was around to hack or even tune the stock ECU.....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Namco and Eggman... are you talking about changes to the factory ECU or Rom? Mitsubishi is unable to see changes to the Ecu files or Rom. All the info they see, is unchanged by any Rom editing. The only thing you'll have to plan around with the dealer is if they do an upgrade to the ECU in which case they will over write your tune and you would have to flash it back onto the car when you got it home.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    So, if I understand you correctly, ECU changes are undetectable by dealers? I thought that among all the easy-to-spot changes like rear sway bars and the like, a suspicious technician could verify at least a checksum.

In any case, you would know! Thanks for sharing your expertise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really wish I could get my hands on an Automatic Mirage G4 ECU from one of the countries/regions with the Non-MAF, MAP only 1.2L cars.