Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live4Redlines ECU Tuning Attempt (Work in Progress)

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Live4Redlines ECU Tuning Attempt (Work in Progress)

UPDATED STATUS: I have pulled the Mirage Rom. Working on defining it.

Well, I finally have a Mirage of my own so just want to let everyone know that I am actively working on some legitimate open source tuning for the Mirage.

USING: EcuFlash, EvoScan, Tactrix Cables, and as a last resort MMC Flash Dondle

So far, I am making progress and my initial research is proving fruitful. I should be making some attempts to pull and reflash the ECU Rom in the next week or so. If I can successfully achive that then we'll really have something to celebrate.

So far I have identified the processors for both manual and cvt transmission ECU's and have a good idea the method needed to communicate with the ECU.

Last edited by live4redline; 09-27-2016 at 02:33 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (09-27-2016),Daox (09-27-2016),Gnarles2 (09-29-2016),gone.a (09-26-2016),inuvik (09-26-2016),Littlestan (09-26-2016),MetroMPG (10-18-2016),Remy (09-27-2016),satria_wr (09-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Subbed. Looking forward to updates.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    First person to brick the ECU in their Mirage? Not even 200 miles on it yet, lol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-27-2016),wilbur (03-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was wondering about the possibility of open-source tuning via Tactrix cable, seeing as how the Evo guys can do it. I guess there just isn't enough interest yet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    First person to brick the ECU in their Mirage? Not even 200 miles on it yet, lol.

Oh man, sucks. I assume you need to purchase a new one? Will you continue with the attempt?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I got motivated and have been working on getting the Rom off my car.

While in the process I managed to brick my ECU and render my vehicle completely useless. Error Code: UO100 Lost comm with ECM PCM A. As a result the car was stuck with the keyless light in the accessory mode displaying the Broken Key light and Securty light. My remotes completely inoperable. I must admit I felt a deep pressure in my chest when I realised what had happened. In my grief I cleaned out the car and started making plans to send the car back to Mitsubishi tomorrow morning.

But... after I had a moment to relax a bit I decided I should probably take this moment to do some communication attempts to the ECU while I have nothing to loose. Because frankly after Mitsubishi fixes it, I'm probably going to be too fearful to try again. So I spent the last couple of hours working on it and all be damned I broke into the ECU and was able to not only unbrick it, but also pull the complete Rom from the Ecu.

So I would like to announce that I have indeed pulled and have in my possession a Mirage Rom. Specifically a 2017 Mirage G4 SE rom.

A definition file will need to be written before I can post any of the stock maps or do any sort of tuning. I'm not sure how long that will take but overall it's still awesome news.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (09-27-2016),Daox (09-27-2016),gone.a (09-27-2016),MetroMPG (10-18-2016),Rkt Ship (03-29-2017)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    You should be able to read the rom using PCMflash software. I did manage pull my ASX/RVR/Outlander Sport ROM using kess tool. And please inform what size is the ROM of mirage ecu. My outlander sport have 2mb file.
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    How did you do it? Can you give more details about what hardware & software you were using when this happened? I wonder if security measures block a car from starting if it detects a theft attempt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well that sucks.

What are your goals if your able to fully unlock it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bricked the ECU while trying to communicate with it useing some of the older methods you would use for example with an Evo 8/9. Simply trying to connect and read the ECU was enough to brick it and lockout the security for the vehicle. So I would advise others to tread lightly if your winging it.

Goals are to identify and post the fuel and ignition maps for review and eventually have a completely tunible Rom for use in applicable vehicles. Eventually I will need to get a manual ecu so I can get a Rom off of it to define as well. I would also like to get an over-seas Rom that is purely MAP based to setup as well. Being able to configure the Rom so you can swap in a larger MAP sensor will redefine boosted applications. In addition I'll probably see about releasing some higher MPG Eco-Tunes. Lots of options available with this.

Last edited by live4redline; 09-27-2016 at 12:24 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (11-12-2016)