Thread: Cigarette lighter fuse blown

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cigarette lighter fuse blown

Wondering what the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to address would be. A faulty Diehard branded power inverter melted down and blew the cigarette lighter fuse (the much bigger/expensive issue was that it burnt a hole in the passenger seat). I'm sure this is a quick fix, and I wanted to ask if there's a video tutorial or thread on this. Thanks for any insights.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarhead View Post
    Wondering what the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to address would be. A faulty Diehard branded power inverter melted down and blew the cigarette lighter fuse (the much bigger/expensive issue was that it burnt a hole in the passenger seat). I'm sure this is a quick fix, and I wanted to ask if there's a video tutorial or thread on this. Thanks for any insights.
    Pull out the blown fuse and replace it with a new one!?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Page 9-23 of the 2015 Owner's Manual says the fuse is located in the passenger compartment fuse block, position 2 (Cigarette lighter) 15 amp.

Never install a fuse with a rating higher than specified for the circuit. The fuse not only protects the device using the electricity, but more importantly the wiring.

You are lucky that thing didn't incinerate your car. I'm glad you are okay.

For the record, what model inverter was it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)