Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Darin's test drive review notes: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhaw View Post
    Is the oil a special Mitsubishi deal too? 0-20W seems like an oddball thing too. I take it the car doesn't get serviced as often as regular cars?
    No 0-20 is not unusual. Most oil brands offer 0-20. It's specified in North America for emissions reason to allow faster warmups. Different markets use different specs. The Mirage can use a range of viscosities. I run 5w-30 full synthetic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

You can find 0w20 at Crappy Tire. It's the default oil for high efficiency hybrid cars too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    No 0-20 is not unusual. Most oil brands offer 0-20. It's specified in North America for emissions reason to allow faster warmups. Different markets use different specs. The Mirage can use a range of viscosities. I run 5w-30 full synthetic.
    Thanks, that's great. I will likely have my own mechanic service the car even if I have to buy a repair manual cd for a few hundred bucks. He gives me a great discount as he's done work for me for decades. The only thing where I'm stuck is when it comes to computer related issues as he's old school. So that means I'd have to get Mits to change the CVT fluid and do a reset for me I guess.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhaw View Post
    Thanks, that's great. I will likely have my own mechanic service the car even if I have to buy a repair manual cd for a few hundred bucks. He gives me a great discount as he's done work for me for decades. The only thing where I'm stuck is when it comes to computer related issues as he's old school. So that means I'd have to get Mits to change the CVT fluid and do a reset for me I guess.
    Pssst, I have the complete 2014-2015 Mitsubishi factory repair manual. It's a couple thousand pages total

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmM-AiVvMaF5whrj8lyHkvx4pjbG

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Pssst, I have the complete 2014-2015 Mitsubishi factory repair manual. It's a couple thousand pages total

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmM-AiVvMaF5whrj8lyHkvx4pjbG
    That's great to know ) If I end up getting an older one and my mechanic needs info, I'll be sure to private message you for some tips!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You can find 0w20 at Crappy Tire. It's the default oil for high efficiency hybrid cars too.
    Do you know a good guy that does oil changes in the GTA for 0w20? The markup is unreal. I want to run 5w20 in the warm months and 0w20 in the cold for engine noise but the 0w20 is prohibitively expensive. I'm through windsor a lot and the place where I get oil changes for 15.99 (really 21 with the environmental fees and what have you) were charging $70 for 0w20. I'm thinking about just getting the oil myself and having them change it unless I can find something that's less hassle and inexpensive.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    check that it might be synthetic 0w20 at that price. the oil place near me charges that much and insists that this car MUST take synthetic oil. I already use synthetic myself so I didn't bother to argue it with them. clearly many people don't use synthetic in these cars and their engines run just fine.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    Do you know a good guy that does oil changes in the GTA for 0w20? The markup is unreal. I want to run 5w20 in the warm months and 0w20 in the cold for engine noise but the 0w20 is prohibitively expensive. I'm through windsor a lot and the place where I get oil changes for 15.99 (really 21 with the environmental fees and what have you) were charging $70 for 0w20. I'm thinking about just getting the oil myself and having them change it unless I can find something that's less hassle and inexpensive.
    Just change it yourself, Walmart Sell Mobile 1 0w-20 Syn for $23.00 There is a good instruction on this forum on how to change it.. Worst case take the 5 qt one and bring to them and have them charge you $15.00

G4 gets rear seat pass-through

I dunno if this has been posted elsewhere yet, but for the 2018 model year...

the Mirage G4 gets ... an added center pass-through for the trunk.
    https://www.cars.com/reviews/2018-mi...1420699750658/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-17-2018),Fummins (04-18-2018)